Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guess what I got to ride?  (Read 1448 times)
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

I was out riding today when my freinds uncle came out to see what we were doing. So we got to talking and he started talking about his crazy cr500, its ported and polished, bored out (.08 I think he said), with Vforce reeds, and a PC pipe and silencer. Then he asked me if I wanted to ride and of course I did. First thing I noticed... that thing was hard to kick over! Usually on my bike I don't pay any attention to getting it to TDC  before kicking but on this bike it was necesary. I took it out and made a few passes on this feild to get it warmed up. Then I put it in second gave it about half throttle and that thing pulled the front wheel up very fast. Then the guy told me to put it in 5th gear and cruise down the road. So I got going in hit the powerband in second gear and just rode it out all the way through 5th. OMG that thing was like I had a rocket booster on the back it was such a rush. I got it up to at least 90 I'm guessing. That definatly made my day! If I had the money I'd buy one for fire roads and trail riding. It didn't feel like a big bike at all either. I bet I could stick that thing in 3rd and ride any track around clearing all the jumps lol.

BADAZZ750

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 05:30:29 PM »

I had a 1990 cr500 and they are bad. Way more than I needed. Just roll on it in 5th and it would come right up. Shocked

05 BRUTE FORCE 750 WITH 27`S (MINE)        05 POLARIS PREDATOR 50 (DAUGHTERS)
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 07:03:06 PM »

I'm looking to buy a CR500.  Basically the fastest bike out there, easy on maintainence, and no power valve.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 10:04:17 PM »

Yeah I'm guessing a top-end every one and a half years and basic maintinence and that thing would run strong for a long time. Because its not a bike that makes you want to rev it like a 125, its very content to idle along.....    at 15 to 20 thousand miles per hour.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com