Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raptor Forums  (Read 4606 times)
Axo

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 22, 2005, 02:42:16 PM »

I just got my Raptor today. Does anyone know any good Raptor forums. I found RaptorTranny. Bluetraxx has not activated me yet. The Raptor is a beast. Its a 2003, Blk/Red, Full White Bros R4 Exhaust, K&N Jet Kit, Uni Filter w/Manofold, IMS Pegs,IMS Nerfs, IMS Heel guards and an AC front bumper. This thing pulls way harder then my 400ex. The front end points upward with no effort from the throttle. I need to dial her in. I dont know how to adjust the Idle. It is idling high when I pull in the Clutch when shifting gears. It also idles like it has a cam, I am not sure if it does or not. I bought it used from RIVA. Any help would be appreciated.\
                       Thanks Jeff
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:44:04 PM by Axo » Logged

2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 03:41:05 PM »

where did you pick up the Rappy? anyway sounds like your not jetted correctly, running to lean. Raptors are tough to jet
check this link for a great carb lesson
http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26458
Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 04:55:46 PM »

Thanks for the Link. I bought it at Riva Yamaha in Pompano Beach. $4300  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 04:56:13 PM by Axo » Logged

2003 Raptor 660, Red/Blk, White Bros R4, Jet Kit, Pro Design Pro flow Kit, IMS Pegs,IMS Heel guards,AC Nerfs, AC Front Bumper, 5" rear wheel spacers, 3" front wheel spacers.
2Raptors

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 06:02:32 PM »

Congrats!  Time to change your sig Grin.

Chris
Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

Congrats!  Time to change your sig Grin.

Chris

Thanks Done  Grin

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:24:31 PM »

Thanks for the Link. I bought it at Riva Yamaha in Pompano Beach. $4300  Grin

very cool!
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 04:44:22 AM »

I have alot of time with my Raptor, So I pretty much known what she is doing most of the time. So explain to me what she is doing, and I can try to help you figure it out.  As far  as the idle there is a little knob on the left side of your bike by the carbs, that adjust the idle. Do you have the owners manual that shows you how to adjust the idle as well.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 04:45:22 AM by tony » Logged

Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 05:29:54 AM »

It seems that it will only stay running at idle with the choke partially on. When the clutch is depressed to change gears, It will idle stay idled high. (Almost like the throttle is not closing all the way)  Huh Huh
I read the little service manual, but could not locate instruction to adjust the idle other the turning the throttle stop knob. Huh

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:23:35 AM »

sounds lean to me
T2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 08:00:39 AM »

Ok I see you have a jet kit in your bike, with a exhaust. I think you need to pull the jets out to see whats in there, and make sure the fuel screws or adjusted correctly. Is the lid on or off the air box. Make sure you have plently of fuel in your bike, and the parking brake in not sticking, and the choke cable is not kinked and is smooth feeling.

Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 09:22:37 AM »

The lid to the air box is snapped down. I want to adjust the fuel screw 3 turns out on left and 2 out on right, but am not sure were its at on the carb. I dont want to to the float screw by accident.

T2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2005, 09:39:24 AM »

The fuel screws are on the rear of the carbs, if you have the the special flat head screwdriver you don't have to remove the carbs if you don't than you have to remove the carbs to adjust the screws and they should be the same amount of turns on the L and R. If the pilot screws are stock it should be 3 turns out counter clock wise from turned all the way in.

Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2005, 10:45:47 AM »

I just got back from a ride. The bike lurches foward when I start her with the clutch pulled in. Could the problem be with the choke not completely disengaging when the switch is closed.? Turning the throttle stop has virtually no effect, like the choke is on. Or maybe the clutch needs adjustment.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:47:40 AM by Axo » Logged

RaptorTom
Supreme Member

02 L.E. Raptor660

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 08:10:47 PM »

Make sure your clutch cable is adjusted corectly. If it is too loose your clutch will not fully disengage.

For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80
RaptorTom
Supreme Member

02 L.E. Raptor660

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »

By the way good choice on the raptor I love mine  Grin

For Sale
2002 Blaster
2003 TTR125
1999 PW80
Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 04:23:40 AM »

By the way good choice on the raptor I love mine  Grin

I will like it alot better, when I solve this idle issue.  Cry

Axo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 11:40:59 AM »

Well I adjusted the Clutch. Adjusted Both levers and the Throttle. I still have the Idle Problem. Definetly a Carb issue. Man what a pain in the Azz to to get to the carbs. I have to remove the battery,Rear fender and airbox.  A closer inspectin revealed that I have a slip on exhaust instead of a full system. I am wondering now if I even have a jet kit. Oh well, the only way to find out is to pull the lids off those carbs. I am going to do that this weekend.  Oh I checked on White Bros site, they dont have any Jetting recommendation for their exhausts on their!

T2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 04:26:37 PM »

Call them up and find out, thats what I had to do when I put my new pipe on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com