Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grizzly (ATV) clutch vents?  (Read 1815 times)
themensh

« on: November 20, 2005, 07:15:51 PM »

not knowing how many miles a belt would last (my 2000 grizz had 1148 miles on it when I bought it) I changed my belt at 1208 miles.
  The belt that was on the griz looked good to me......but I was wondering why there are two holes leading to the same air duct?
  I can almost understand the clutch spinning and maybe needing a vent of some sort (guessing here).....but one of the vents is forward and low. The other is more towards the top of the engine. I was just wondering if there was a particular reason....for two vents Vs. one large vent.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2005, 07:21:30 PM by chuck (roast) » Logged
kodiak-jason

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 12:16:41 PM »

It kinda works like intake and exhaust, with just one vent it won't work. Jason

"I Can Fix It" 1998 kodiak lots of stuff,1995 king quad lots of stuff,2002 recon little bit of stuff,2001 breeze just tires,1985 atc 70 stock,1990 zuma modded,1995 yzf 600 pipe & power pack,2007 zzr600 carbs shimmed & slip on,2007 crf 150 stock
themensh

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 04:45:58 PM »

That would kind of make sence I guess..say like having two windows open in a house making a flow through ventilation,
except on my Grizzly 600.......the two 'vents' I guess you could call them..are ducted into the same 'pipe'.
  The vents form a "Y" shape into one tube.
  Also, when I changed my belt........I saw some 'fur' in side the engine cover. I guess something must have crawled down there and nested at some point. I did not see any bones.....so I guess whatever it was....got out.
   Took my Grizzly out today to a small local area and couldn't tell the difference that I had a new belt (I think that means the old one was OK)
Truegrit

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 08:49:01 PM »

Just keep the old one in the truck for a spare, for when you burn up the new one.

Like was stated earlier the belt should have an intake and exhaust. They are probably not right next to each other. I beleive the exhaust comes out towards the rear of the bike on those.

'05 Honda Forman 500 ES
HMF Utility Exhaust, Dynojet Kit
Uni-Filter, Clutch Kit
26" Outlaw/Mudzilla combo on ITPs
http://www.hondaforeman.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com