Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTR quadscrambles  (Read 2695 times)
jimmy660

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:23:45 PM »

How many of you guys are planning to run the new quad only hare scramble series this year?
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:42:30 PM »

I'm in, I'll try to do both, but specially the Quads only, oooooooohhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhh, can't wait, I know there is a bunch of guys from this site that are going to show up, and I want to invite every one to show up, there will be all different classes that you all can fit in.
Good luck to every one that are givin it a try.
Luis C.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 11:39:22 PM »

I went to Gatorback one year in fact it was the 1st Week of  January. after finding iout how much it cost to get started, I just lost interest in following up. would love to run it, but I can spend $15.00 and drag race all day maybe even take home some winnings( I did  say Maybe)
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 12:55:40 AM »

I plan on making atleast 10 of the races. not sure how many QS races I will be showing up to.. Mostly I will be at the ones near orlando. I really dont feel like driving to the panhandle unless I have plenty of money. I mean, I dont want to get up there and break somthing.. Thats 7 hours there..Not worth it in my opinion.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Albright335

GEICO Powersports

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 07:20:12 AM »

Phil and I will be racing both the FTR Hare Scrambles and the new Quad Scrambles until the GNCC 06 season begins...then we will be at the FL races we can make it to.

Come on out everyone...it is a great time to meet new people, get a workout, and spend some time with your family - you know the children's classes have been formed!!! This includes you ladies out there...give it a shot...you WILL be hooked!!! The quad scrambles also have UTILITY classes - bring those machines out!!!!

Hope to see many new faces at the events this year!!!

Jen  Wink

Thank You: GEICO, Lojaks Yamaha, MAXXIS, MSR, HMF, Rath Racing, HiPer, GT Thunder, FASST, BelRay, DP Brakes,Triple X Motorsports, PowerMadd, Precision, Spider Grips, CV4, MotoPro Training, Scott, IMS
yamadooski
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005, 08:07:04 AM »

I plan on making atleast 10 of the races. not sure how many QS races I will be showing up to.. Mostly I will be at the ones near orlando. I really dont feel like driving to the panhandle unless I have plenty of money. I mean, I dont want to get up there and break somthing.. Thats 7 hours there..Not worth it in my opinion.

The panhandle races are the best courses I feel.
There are little woops the scrub under the trees are different.
Its all around better racing.
Just go over the quad and tighten everyting the week before a race and check part that look like they are worn out and replace.

As far as drag racing.....geeeez anyone can hop up quad and race in straight line. Thats the first type of racing anyone does.
Now step up and try to race a 2 hour race thtough the woods. Just think of it as a fast pace trail ride.
Plus you get to ride areas that you will neve get to ride unless you are a FTR member... Grin

Its been 4 years since my first race and now I dont even ride with my buddies that do a leisure stroll through the woods.
Have new friends now that is all we do is haul butt through tight and wide trails.

Jen good plug for the Quad Series....The have peewee classes now starting at the age of 4.

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005, 09:05:25 AM »

For the past 3 weeks, I have been practicing with some A and B riders. I went out with stock tires, stock everything. Only ambition on my mind. I went an hour and 20mins without stopping on our 7 mile practice course. This was WITHOUT a camel bak. I now have one, and I know I can go longer.

I mean, im not saying that its not worth it. BUT me being only 17, I wouldnt want to get there with my parents and somthing happen and not be able to compete. I know you say "fast paced ride" but isnt it a "your own pace" ride? There is always going to be someone faster and someone slower than you. It really depends where they shine. 

"Start off slow, then give em' hell as you go." - Me
Or, "If its bogging down, your not going fast enough"

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
atvaltz

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005, 01:35:42 PM »

i wAS  planning on running most of them

but i dont know about the whole 96db thing  thta throws me off i am not gonna put my stock pipe  back on   and rejet and all that garbage.
i mean the gncc is 101db   i think its bs for  the ftr to make it 96db lol  thats almost stock

were is the first race at anyway?

my bike is like 47inch's  wide i  hope it is not to wide

1 word   suzuki     nough said
ftrvet#76

OLD and DETERMINED

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 03:58:59 PM »

47" is ok, I still run the stock pipe with the whole baffle in  and was able to win some races with it, and it tested at 94DB at the XC race in Chipley.

2006 ?, FTR  A-OPEN #76
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com