Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What size quad is your kid on???  (Read 14325 times)
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »

4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ummm, I think maybe you're misinformed. If a 90 is out accelerating your 250EX something is wrong with your 250EX. It may handle better, but there's no way it should run with it power wise. And when you show me a 90(Regardless of what race team on this planet) has a 90cc bike that'll run with my YFZ or even stay moderately close to it I'll sell my bike and get out of the game for good  Shocked  .
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:43:22 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
HolyLandMan

450R<700R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 08:05:46 PM »

i just bought my 6 year old daughter a raptor 700.i thought shell get used to it and i wont have to buy her another bike in years to come.

06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come
Kelli415

Ride Fast; Die Hard; Stay Pretty;

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »

i just bought my 6 year old daughter a raptor 700.i thought shell get used to it and i wont have to buy her another bike in years to come.

TRAVIS!. your so stupid. you dont have a daughter yet!. haha. wow.
im letting tay tay know about this one :]

sorry people. my older brother is a real nut-case. :]

Kelli ♥  Marie

FF+J RACING
FRANK#25 - HONDA 450R
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R
FRANKIE#13 - SUZUKI 400
JOSEPH#92 - HONDA 450R
ANTHONY#527 - SUZUKI 400
KELLI#415-YAMAHA RAPTOR700R

I ride in memory of Earl Saunders 02/23/66 - 06/12/02
[my dad; my hero]

myspace.
backinsaddle

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 12:55:14 PM »

4 year old racing a 50 and 8 year old racing a 90.  For those considering putting their kids on a bigger bike, I can understand the reasons (big kid, good rider, etc.), however, I will tell you that my sons 90 will smoke my wifes 250ex everywhichway, acceleration, handling, etc.  I would rather ride that than the 250.  Look at what's out there before you make a decision that a 90 is underpowered for you kid.  With money and modifications, there are race teams that have their 90's running with the 450's

Ummm, I think maybe you're misinformed. If a 90 is out accelerating your 250EX something is wrong with your 250EX. It may handle better, but there's no way it should run with it power wise. And when you show me a 90(Regardless of what race team on this planet) has a 90cc bike that'll run with my YFZ or even stay moderately close to it I'll sell my bike and get out of the game for good  Shocked  .

Rob, I read so many articles, I'm not sure if I can find one, but I'll look.  More than once I've read of race teams getting 60-65 mph out of a 90, pushing close to 20 hp.  Now it's not going to run with a 450 with a full size person on, but supposedly on the track these bikeswith kids are close to running with the 450's other than top end.  Remember we're talking about almost 1/2 the weight. 

As far as my 250, I'd have to line them up in a drag, but on the track I'd take the 90 anyday, so would my wife and that's her bike. 
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 04:25:02 PM »

He's a Typhoon guy... Wink Dont mind him.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »

Rob, I read so many articles, I'm not sure if I can find one, but I'll look.  More than once I've read of race teams getting 60-65 mph out of a 90, pushing close to 20 hp.  Now it's not going to run with a 450 with a full size person on, but supposedly on the track these bikeswith kids are close to running with the 450's other than top end.  Remember we're talking about almost 1/2 the weight. 

As far as my 250, I'd have to line them up in a drag, but on the track I'd take the 90 anyday, so would my wife and that's her bike. 

Yeah, they may be getting up to 60 mph or so but that's not going to run with a 450 of any kind with only 20hp. Stock 400's are around 26-27hp and they won't hold a candle to a 450. With no weight at all a 90 is not going to run with a 450 even if it had a 300 pound rider on it. It's also hard for me to believe that on the MX track a 90 (regardless of what mods) is going to run close with a 450. The bike is wayyy too underpowered to do so.

He's a Typhoon guy... Wink Dont mind him.

Ohh that cut deep  Bonk  . (lol) Will someone take that knife out of my back  Undecided  .

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2007, 07:48:33 AM »

I thought you would see the humor rob. I have seen all of you guys on the exriders forum & the loyalty to a certain mini runs deep over there. However you can get some great info over there. So when are you gonna put the big bore kit in that little monster anyways? i may have to do my sons DRX sooner than i wanted to sice the stock garbage air filter apparently let some dirt through & the compression is lower than it should be. I guess I might as well go with the bigger head, carb , intake & do it right.

BTW, how was the kids ride at the motoplex? Sorry i couldnt make it with my new job & all I didnt have time then. I am up for one in the winter months though.

Oh yeah, sorry to hijack this thread, i think it ran its course though.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »

That's cool  ; )  . Myself, I don't get into what's better and such. I did what I thought was best for my pocket. Not only that, but of the DRR, Apex, and Typhoon he said he wanted the Typhoon. So I'm happy that I could get him what he really wanted. But if it had been another brand I really don't think it would have been an issue because kids mainly "JUST WANNA RIDE."

I didn't get to make it to the Motoplex either  Sad  . My clutches were slipping so bad that I could smell them in my oil. The kit didn't get here until that Saturday. I ended up taking him to Mulberry and he rode the Kids MX track for about 2 1/2 hrs and loved it. He didn't want to leave. Was going to take him this weekend but he hasn't been on task like he should in school this week. No riding for him  No. No. . We probably need to get together sometime though and let the kids enjoy themselves. You know anyone else locally whose kids enjoy bikes as much as ours?

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 08:21:21 AM »

I hear ya on the school thing. I have never been to Mulberry. What does it cost for the kids to ride the mini track?
We may be going to croom this Sunday.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 08:35:43 AM »

He takes donations of either 10 or 15 dollars.  Last time out I took my bike and my sons bike. Mainly used mine to put around with my son and I gve him 10 dollars. I wanted to give him more and he told me no. The kiddie track is fairly nice. When Lakeland and Bartow had their kid tracks they were nothing even close this Mulberry.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 01:34:46 PM »

He takes donations of either 10 or 15 dollars.  Last time out I took my bike and my sons bike. Mainly used mine to put around with my son and I gve him 10 dollars. I wanted to give him more and he told me no. The kiddie track is fairly nice. When Lakeland and Bartow had their kid tracks they were nothing even close this Mulberry.
We need to check it out sometime. Sounds like fun & the price is right.
backinsaddle

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2007, 02:02:11 PM »

greenmachine, I see you on exriders...good luck with the motor work
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »

Thanks man. It runs good enough for trail riding for now. I will have to wait until afte Christmas to replace the top end. I am actually changing rollers & torque spring this weekend, which will help some, but I am sure the top is close to done.

I can advise anyone buying a new DRX to immediately get rid of the stock filter unless they changed it from the "red foam" one. It is the reason my motor sucked dust & the direct result is gonna cost me a minimum of $250 & that is me doing the rebuild. I found out about the filter too late Angry
bwfish

Life to short not to enjoy it!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

May i ask wher the Mulberry track is at?

2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2007, 08:24:29 AM »

Mulberry is just south of Lakeland. State road 60 runs directly through it.

350x_rider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2007, 12:23:36 PM »

my 12 year old changes it up between a 200x,250r and a kx 65.just like most kids of riders,he started at 4 and should not be on a 80/90cc quad.I just picked up a z400 for a good deal and this will be his main ride now.we do go to ocala,but ride private land mostly.

* IMG007 (Large) (Medium).jpg (82.04 KB, 800x534 - viewed 173 times.)

* IMG010 (Large).jpg (98.57 KB, 1024x683 - viewed 216 times.)
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2007, 11:23:33 PM »

when i was little i started on a 4x4 yamaha timberwolf 250 then in 2004-2005 I drove a TRX250ex and at the beginig of this year I moved to a TRX400ex.  Currently i'm 16.  It all depends on how big/small they are and rider experience on what to get.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
561Kodiak

"If life gives you mud, wrestle"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2007, 12:59:40 PM »

My 8 year old fits perfect on the 125 Grizzley.  It doesn't have 4 wheel drive, but we put some  ITP mudlites on the rear and it does pretty good.  The size is nice.  My 14 year old can ride it too.  She's 5'2" and 140 lbs. She's a little big but it still hauls her ass around pretty well. 
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2007, 06:56:18 PM »

My daughters Apex 90cc stock eng. will hole shot and beat the mudmonkeys 400ex (stock) untill 4th gear and only then it pulls her slightly. Our apex on a gps runs  45-50 mph with a 73lbs rider on it. Dont under est. the power of the Apex or DRR. Here is a video of a 70cc eton in a drag race and one bike appears to be a z250.
http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x223/pitviperacing/?action=view&current=cda6bfe1.pbr

Heres an eton 90cc runs a 4.98 in 300ft
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a52/Radar51/?action=view&current=90ccdragvid2-2.flv
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:00:50 PM by BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING) » Logged

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
backinsaddle

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 10:16:44 PM »

Phew, there you go saving my tail again...thanks bigworm
JayZ400

http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/index.html

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2007, 11:58:15 PM »

Here are a couple of pics of the under powered miniquads in action. Buy the way they will hang door to door with a 400ex with no problem.

For all you Mini Quad performance parts, and mods
http://ecperformanceminiquad.com/
Your Apex Dealer
bruteforce750

MY LIFE MY BRUTE750 AN MY TRX 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 01:57:04 AM »

12 years old on a 750 brute force an raptor 700 an yfz 450

IF YOU HAVE ANY TRX 450 OR BRUTE FORCE 750 PART LMK ME IM LOOKING TO BUY AFTERMARKET PARTS THANKS
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com