Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Securing Side X Side on trailer  (Read 2923 times)
K_Man

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2014, 01:26:04 PM »

Just wondering what others use to secure their Side X Sides on trailers. I bought some green ratcheting straps and while they would work fine with an ATV I wonder how well they would hold my Can-Am Commander which is about twice as heavy. I am giving some thought to using braided Nylon rope (1/2" maybe) and tying it down using bowline's and trucker's hitches.

K_Man

2021 Can-Am Defender X MR
gmiller0737

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:20:27 PM »

I Tie My Polaris RZR Down Using Wheel Bonnets From Harbor Freight (Don't worry just becuase they come from Harbor Freight They are Good Quality) Mine have made 6 or more trips from Florida to West Virginia with zero issues I use 2 Bonnet's I on the Left Front tire & another on the right rear,Many folks on RZR Forum are using the wheel bonnet's with good results,The ones I use have heavy duty ratchets & the hook on the end also has a clasp to prevent the hook from coming off the anchor point,They should have them in stock @ The Harbor Freight Store in Jacksonville (On Beach Bv.)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:22:50 PM by gmiller0737 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com