Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South Florida Boaters Please Read !!!!!  (Read 6387 times)
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 21, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

Had this sent to me by a friend and he has contacted many already but just want to pass it on to you guys
Here is an article that just posted on the Miami Herald. On the comments section, you will find there is a marine biologist explaining these changes wont do a damn thing! Time to fight again guys!

On 8/19/11 10:40 AM, "Madeleine Hernandez" <savethesandbar@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello All!  

I wanted to let you know that the National Park Service ("NPS") is at it again!  They are trying to restrict Biscayne National Park to boaters and fisherman again.  The new "Plan" they are proposing is 360 pages long and I have not had the opportunity to read it thoroughly, but am attaching a copy for your review.  From what I have read so far, the NPS wants to add "No Take Zones" which means MORE fishing RESTRICTIONS.  The NPS also wants to force boaters to apply for special permits in order to access the park.  Basically, the NPS wants to CHARGE you to take your boat out to the ocean AND they want to be able to control the number of boats that go out to the sandbars and the rest of Biscayne National Park.      

There will be public meetings, ALL from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. as follows:

Tuesday September 13, 2011 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 950 NW 42 Avenue, Miami, Florida

Wednesday September 14, 2011 at Florida City Hall, 404 W. Palm Drive, Florida City, Florida

Thursday September 15, 2011 at the Holiday Inn Key Largo, 99701 Overseas Highway, Key Largo, Florida

You can mail comments to the following address:

General Management Plan
Biscayne National Park
9700 SW 328th Street
Homestead, Florida 33033-5634.

You can get more information at bisc_planning@nps.gov <mailto:bisc_planning@nps.gov>

You can find the actual "Plan" at http://www.parkplanning.nps.gov/openPlansEachParkDocs.cfm?parkID=353 <http://www.parkplanning.nps.gov/openPlansEachParkDocs.cfm?parkID=353>

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!  IF WE DON'T SAY ANYTHING, THE GOVERNMENT WILL DO WHATEVER IT WANTS AND ASSUME THAT EITHER NO ONE CARES OR NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IS GOING ON.  I WILL BE AT THE MIAMI AND FLORIDA CITY MEETINGS SO FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME IN SHOWING THE GOVERNMENT THAT WE WILL NOT SIT IDLY BY AND LET IT DO WHATEVER IT WANTS!!!!!!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE YOU THINK IT MAY AFFECT.  

Robert Fernandez, President
Palmetto Carpet Company
4741 SW 75 Avenue  
Miami, Fl 33155
Tel: (305)264-6616
Tel: (305)883-6616
Fax: (305) 267-4030
Email: palmcarpet@bellsouth.net
www.palmettocarpetmiami.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/palmettocarpet

Member of:

Www.thebirdroadartdistrict.com

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:13:20 PM by Gato » Logged

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:49:53 PM »

maybe its because you can't find a fish in the whole park bigger than 8" or maybe because all those prop marks on grass bed from careless boaters. Sorry but this about time they did something

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:40 PM »

anchoring any where in Biscayne park will be an issue also i bet. You probably dont own a boat that is pretty clear in your response but thanks for your input  it will be just as with atv's if we dont try to stop it.

2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:06:58 AM »

I had a boat longer than you been around.... Why so defense Gato you know for a fact that what I post is true.

I remember fishing in the bay and catching big 18" snappers, long gone from over fishing. Wish I can share those moments with my son, but maybe he can with his son.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:59:17 PM by big-daddy » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 07:10:14 AM »

Even though PWCs have no props to scar the reefs, manatees or grass beds and their operators are not fishing the place out, PWCs were banned from Biscayne Park years ago and boaters cared less.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 08:40:30 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:48 PM »

I had a boat longer than you been around.... Why so defense Gato you know for a fact that what I post is true.

I remember fishing in the bay and catching big 18" snappers, long gone from over fishing. Wish I can share those moments with my son, but maybe he can with his son.  
Big sorry I snapped but it is messed up the crap going on I have had boats since I was a kid in the 70s with my dad, and have not been without a boat longer than 6-7 mths ever since so boating has been a part of my whole life. I saw the pwc crap go down I was in it too got rid of that with all restrictions like all a few bad messing it up for all got rid of that, I dont even ride anymore with all the crap promised so I just come on here evn thou just to let you guys know. But on your comment you have longer than I been around dont make yourself that old you still in your prime  lol tried to scan a pic of me as a kid about 4 with our boat in background but scanner not work lol

2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 08:53:24 AM »

u think ur comments n voice make a difference,in reality is doesnt unless there 5million people with signs marching down the street..what the park has done is add as many restrictions as they can to then sell u a permit to be in the park,,thats very common with the gov..create the problem to then sell u the solution..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com