Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More bad rap for ATV's  (Read 1987 times)
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:51:40 PM »

Was watching the news at noon on NBC in Lee County.  Anchor said that there were 18 atv related deaths (didn't say nationwide or not.) over the holiday weekend.  And that the government are thinking about more bans.  One is the total ban on 3 wheel atv's, the other is a 4 wheeler for a youngster under a certain age (can't remember the age limit, damn this old age.) the atv will be limited to 15mph.  They where showing them going through a pretty nice mud hole.  But some of the real young riders (10 and under) where on some pretty large bikes.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »

Was watching the news at noon on NBC in Lee County.  Anchor said that there were 18 atv related deaths (didn't say nationwide or not.) over the holiday weekend.  And that the government are thinking about more bans.  One is the total ban on 3 wheel atv's, the other is a 4 wheeler for a youngster under a certain age (can't remember the age limit, damn this old age.) the atv will be limited to 15mph.  They where showing them going through a pretty nice mud hole.  But some of the real young riders (10 and under) where on some pretty large bikes.
How many car deaths are their a year? How mnay over the holiday weekend, much more then atv related death's, yet four wheelers still get cr@p?
I understand that cars have a bigger demand, I mean look how much different life would be without them, but its still the same concept, people die in car crashes and they make faster cars, people die on atv's and they shut down the whole d@mn thing.
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

You don't even have to limit it to automobiles.  How many deaths where there in boating over the holiday.  There are probably many other activities that had some kind of accidental deaths that I can't think of.  If you really think about it, if the number is 18 nationwide, then the percentage isn't bad.  There's alot of atv's out there nationwide.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:50:37 PM »

... I don't get it, more than a million people die worldwide every single day. But like 5 million are born every day too.. How's 18 people mean we have to ban ATVS? How about we ban food too, food is bad for you. We really need spokespeople in DC. How else do you think McDonalds isn't still being sued for people getting fat eating a Big Mac 3 times a day.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 04:58:13 PM »

They can see me going 15mph... From the pits to the track.. Thats about it.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 05:01:35 PM »

Always news people like try make false statements on news the more of story
and the more they get paid.lol

I don't watch the news that much anymore bescuase they always
talk depressing crap about war in iraq everyday.I think they should worry about idoits
using cellphones that cuases car crashes everyday.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 05:23:15 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 10:27:58 PM »

Sometimes, when I'm wrenching on my ATV alone in the garage, I get the strange sense that my ATV is trying to sneak up on me and kill me when I'm not looking.  ATV'ers are OK when they're alone, but when they get in packs, they can be dangerous. I heard of a guy who was strangled by an ATV over like 10 bucks.

OH WAIT, that's right ATV's don't kill people.

It's people who don't know what the hell they're doing, and fail to follow proper safety precautions that kill themselves or each other WHILE using ATV's.

STOP BLAMING ATV'S FOR HUMAN STUPIDITY.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com