Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Practice/Painting at T-Bowl on Sept 4, 10:00-5:00, $20.00  (Read 1762 times)
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 30, 2010, 06:55:41 AM »

This is the email Bill Cleary send to me last night:

Hey Shawn, We had several guys show up to help this weekend. I want to thank them and advertise that we will have a practice next sat. The gates will open @ 10am we will practice from 10 till 5.
Our plan is to paint next weekend, so if any of the guys want to participate in painting we would appreciate it. If they have any painting tools ask them to bring them along.
Practice will be $20. If they help paint or were there this past weekend, practice will be free.

Track is looking good, got a few spots to work on.

Please post a Thank You to all that helped & Our practice next weekend for me,
stgsali
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »

For those that didn't get to T-Bowl workday, here is a summary of what is happening.
The grounds have been mowed (bush-hogged), the infield of the track and the TT track has been mowed. Bill was box blading the the track and it was being packed with a roller pulled by the track tractor. I know why it seemed like RD was all over the track with it; it has a lot of play in the steering and does not like to be turned right. Very hard to steer to the right (hydraulics may have something to do with it). The back straight is smooth. Trying to get the turn 3 hole filled in and the jump on turn 4 exit is noticeably smaller. There are 2 rain ruts in the middle of 1 that are coming along. Overal, things are shaping up nicely. I had forgotten how tough coastal bermuda grass is (hay grass). It was taking over the track and had covered the TT track. The grass was knee deep or deeper in some parts of the pits. I believe by Saturday that things will be shaping up. A good time to get some seat time before the 11th. 

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:03:16 PM »

Glad to hear you guys have a place to ride again  Grin Grin Grin Grin
2 wheeled flat tracker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:10:07 PM »

Did anyone attend? How was the track?