Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experience with Internet/TV Providers?  (Read 2059 times)
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2009, 07:41:18 PM »

Hey fellas, I've had That AT&T U-verse in the house now for about 8 months, and it's been less than pleasant. D@mn thins never works basically. When it runs it's awesome, but 80% of the time the service is down. I've already canceled the U-verse TV aspect and am now looking at new providers. I thought about going back to Direct TV but dealing with them has been a pain.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Comcast, or any other Internet/TV Provider? I wouldn't mind some recommendations as I'm open to anything right now.
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 08:44:43 PM »

I know you said internet tv but if you decide to go with DirectTV make sure you do a little internet research about problems with them and there billing and cancellation policies.

Good luck
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »

actually we got directv with all the free installation crap. full service-hd, dvr, on-demand. the problem is that for on demand to work you need an ethernet cable plugged into the dvr. which is no big deal for me to run through the attic. my problem is they never told me that when they installed it. the buyers remorse is 24 hours so i had to immediately cancel it. i told them all i want is what i was promised. they tried to sell me an 80 dollar ethernet kit. i said " no, all i want is what i was promised(ondemand), if you would rather lose a 2 year contract over 80 dollars in equipment then so be it. so now i'm looking into comcast. just wondering how comcast has been for y'all.
tia, gery

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
686RAPTOR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 05:02:29 PM »

Im in kendall area and the comcast internet is always down. I call the service line and they always tell me the same thing which is they dont know how long i wil be out of service. My ondemand never works. My dvr like to erase all my recordings every once and a while. When i canceled my service they told me they were going to keep charging me the service untill i drop off my boxes, controllers and router. I currently have at&t intenet for about 2 months and so far so good. I also changed from  comcast to direct tv and when it rains you have put a dvd on. I think im going to at&t cable next.
B. Graves

Go Gators!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »

we have directv and have never had any problems with them. dealing with dish newtork is a pain in the ass. i love directv though. never had any billing problems or anything. they installed everything the right way and as they said they would. it goes out sometimes if theres a monsoon outside but id say 95% of the time it looks awesome and comes in great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com