Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age/Engine size rules enforced at Croom?  (Read 3766 times)
scoddy71

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »

I have a 13 year old son (5'3/150 lbs) who has been riding ATV's and dirtbikes (on private land and Croom) since he was 5.  He now owns a Warrior 350 and Barney's Yamaha told us today that he will not be allowed into Croom anynmore (we have not been in 3 years) because anyone 15 years or younger must be on an ATV of 90cc's or less.  Allegedly, if we show up there, we will be turned away at the gate. REALLY?! Has anyone had any experience with this supposed enforcement at Croom?

110cc Chinese junk for my 7 year old
Yamaha Warrior 350 for my 14 year old
Yamaha Banshee for my old arse.
dgt714

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »

since he is under 16 he must take a riders course and pass,in order to ride in any state park.Barneys should have told you that.As for age and size in the state parks ,to my knowledge No.But you should check out the state park wed sites to be sure.
dodgefsu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 07:51:45 PM »

more stupid rules, thats all that wooped out croom needs is more dumb azz rules, and you can bet they will find a way to more money off of you now.....
scoddy71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:34 PM »

OK, the course is a new one on me now as well.  Again, we've been riding in Croom (last time was Jan 2007) and we've never been asked for anything other than the titles for our quads.  Are you saying I need to show some Rider Training Certification for Croom now as well?

I can understand trying to prevent bone-headed parents from buying their kids some quads and letting them run loose but I've been riding with all my kids since they were 5.  (13 year old boy, 11 year old girl, 6 year old boy) But THOSE parents are NOT the ones taking their kids to parks!

Regardless, can I get a response from somebody who has been to Croom RECENTLY with their kids for clarification on this stuff?

Thanks all.
Scott

110cc Chinese junk for my 7 year old
Yamaha Warrior 350 for my 14 year old
Yamaha Banshee for my old arse.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »

I would not worry about it, they don't check. When buying your stickers at the front gate just keep your son in the truck, just in case. Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
randyz

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 07:09:37 AM »

If its the same as Ocala then yes the age rules sort of apply.  Your son needs the riders course which has to be taken on an atv for his age.  But then at Ocala it says no one under 16 allowed to ride over 150cc.  I'd call and find out what the fine is if your caught.  I've heard some outrageous fines for stuff in Ocala.
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »

OK, the course is a new one on me now as well.  Again, we've been riding in Croom (last time was Jan 2007) and we've never been asked for anything other than the titles for our quads.  Are you saying I need to show some Rider Training Certification for Croom now as well?

I can understand trying to prevent bone-headed parents from buying their kids some quads and letting them run loose but I've been riding with all my kids since they were 5.  (13 year old boy, 11 year old girl, 6 year old boy) But THOSE parents are NOT the ones taking their kids to parks!

Regardless, can I get a response from somebody who has been to Croom RECENTLY with their kids for clarification on this stuff?

Thanks all.
Scott

Florida state law requires all chilren under age 16 that are riding on PUBLIC land (Croom / ONF) to take a rider safety course.
This went into effect on July 1, 2008.......It is my understanding that Croom did not start enforcing this until Jan of 2009 to give the public time to get these kids into a class. You can enroll in a class by calling the ASI at 800-887-2887 or at www.atvsafety.org or pm for more info

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »

more stupid rules, thats all that wooped out croom needs is more dumb azz rules, and you can bet they will find a way to more money off of you now.....

its only whooped out if you can find the good spots Wink  Theres always a great trail thats flat you just have to know where it is and how to get there.

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
Nukinfuts

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2009, 12:56:42 PM »

I would call ahead and ask because there have been times that i have no issues at all with my LT-R but once i went and they wouldnt let me in the park. They have a rule about ATV width, but they never check it. My bike is 49.5 inches stock, and with my holeshots and locker rims it measures 50.5. They only allow something like 49 and the guy refused to let me in because he measured it.

I was ticked.

2006 Suzuki LT-R450 Yellow - CB, Lid, Baffle, Moose filter, Moose Nerfs, Pro Taper atvmid bars, DG National bumper, MXR6's w/ Beadlocks, pbrake removed, clutch switch gone. Currently apart for hc piston, intake cam, p&p, and more!

http://www.ltr450hq.net

Steven Billington #29
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com