Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 Suzuki LTZ400 running issues!  (Read 6347 times)
richieboy300

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »

I have a 2006 Suzuki LTZ400 that I am having issues with. I haven't rode in a while, but have been letting it run once a week. I went to crank it one day and it seems like the choke won't turn off. It idles with the choke on for a while then stalls out. Also when you try to give it a little gas with the choke on it bogs down. When you try to turn the choke off it dies.

I have drained the tank and put fresh gas in. Checked the petcock and filter screens. Changed the fuel supply hose. Put a new spark plug in. Charged the battery. Removed the carb and clean it and checked it all for varnish.

Still same results. I am very mechanical, but this one has me stumped. Any ideas.

Thanks
superdooty

Location: tampa close to the stadium one street between me and the ghetto

what a great person i am!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:09:12 PM »

check your battery voltage before starting it. it should be 12.5 or above my ltz stared running really crappy on start up and id have to hot lap it to get it 2 run right changed the battery which seemed to start it ok problem gone.
richieboy300

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »

Thanks, But I have tried it with the trickle charger hooked up and still same results. Tried it after charging the battery overnight even and still same results. I keep leaning to a vacum or choke needle issue
flt mech

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 09:44:14 PM »

I had a similar problem with a ttr-90.  It was the carb.  Check the jets.  The littlest particle can obstruct the flow, also check to make sure the jets are screwed in all the way and tight.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 10:03:26 PM »

It sounds like the pilot jet is clogged. Carb cleaner alone won't clean it if it gummed up badly. You need a small piece of wire to shove in alll the holes.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 01:30:04 AM »

find an e string off an electric guitar. High E.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
richieboy300

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 06:30:48 PM »

Well, I strip the carb down again and soaked it in parts cleaner. I then made sure to clean everything with a brush and air it out. Put everything back on making sure all settings were good. She fired right up, let the engine warm up and then I had great throttle response. Finally I get get back out riding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com