Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This happen to my son today at school....  (Read 9803 times)
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2008, 08:20:16 AM »

Chero, Chero, Chero, I wish we could have this conversation live because I'm sure you don't draw any distinction between a racist and a gay-basher. They're birds of the same color! Smiley If we're so confident of our own views, values, etc. why should the comments from some ignorant child bother us? For example, when we see a disheveled, homeless psycho standing on the street corner shouting profanity, do we get offended? No, we simply take pity, appreciate the health we have and, sometimes, we help that person when we can and drive on. You son's classmate will become an ignorant adult and go on to the workplace with our children. However, it's our job as parents to teach our children how to overcome/work with ignorance. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but, way too many people refuse to accept the consequences of expressing their opinions. Someone who accuses you of voting against a black man is clearly someone who has themselves suffered the consequences of verbal racism(lately and repeatedly). Yes, it occurs on both sides of the equation. But, it'll just get worse if whitey starts acting like the victim. 
P.S. I just remembered that one of my sons was being verbally-harassed on the school bus. An idiot was bashing him as a "geek",  and "fag" because he was in GEM classes and knew not to fight back while in school or on the bus. He kept quiet and simply invited the harasser to meet him off the bus. One day, his offer was taken and my son had to be pulled off the offender when he was drowning him in a nearby pond. No more harassment after that. Discrimination(religious, sexual, economic, racial) starts verbally and often ends violently.    
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:30:33 AM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Keeter
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

I'm Not! You go first!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2008, 08:48:13 AM »

Chero, Chero, Chero, I wish we could have this conversation live because I'm sure you don't draw any distinction between a racist and a gay-basher. They're birds of the same color! Smiley If we're so confident of our own views, values, etc. why should the comments from some ignorant child bother us? For example, when we see a disheveled, homeless psycho standing on the street corner shouting profanity, do we get offended? No, we simply take pity, appreciate the health we have and, sometimes, we help that person when we can and drive on. You son's classmate will become an ignorant adult and go on to the workplace with our children. However, it's our job as parents to teach our children how to overcome/work with ignorance. Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but, way too many people refuse to accept the consequences of expressing their opinions. Someone who accuses you of voting against a black man is clearly someone who has themselves suffered the consequences of verbal racism(lately and repeatedly). Yes, it occurs on both sides of the equation. But, it'll just get worse if whitey starts acting like the victim. 
P.S. I just remembered that one of my sons was being verbally-harassed on the school bus. An idiot was bashing him as a "geek",  and "fag" because he was in GEM classes and knew not to fight back while in school or on the bus. He kept quiet and simply invited the harasser to meet him off the bus. One day, his offer was taken and my son had to be pulled off the offender when he was drowning him in a nearby pond. No more harassment after that. Discrimination(religious, sexual, economic, racial) starts verbally and often ends violently.    

Boxer Clapper Clapper

2019 Can Am 850 XMR
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 09:43:04 AM »

holy crap . 4th grade? talking about presidents?

in my 4th grade , we were arguing about who had more pokemon cards and what girls had more cooties than the others.

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 10:45:24 AM »

thats a shame  but only white folks can be racist  no other race can be .so be proud to be an american / racist/ future 5th grade klans member /leader  and let it go

if u can't be good be good at it
grizzlefoshizzle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »

that the teachr that wrote on the board C.H.A.N.G.E = Come Help A Nigger Get Elected Huh

[><]

2007 Yamaha Grizzly 450
stock
2005 Arctic Cat 250
3.0 Winch
25" mudslingers
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 07:07:19 PM »

That last response is exactly why "THEY" can't get over it and why your son paid the price in school. Here's more;
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:15:14 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 12:38:24 PM »

That last response is exactly why "THEY" can't get over it and why your son paid the price in school. Here's more;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD3p_g2jXh8&feature=user

Not axactly. I few years ago my son was playing with two friends across the street, one was black, I was outside and they were pushing each other between a matress that was under the garage, well the black kid got pushed between it and the other two were sitting on it and he got mad and called my son and the other kid the N word. I have tault my kids to never say that word and when I heard it, I went over there and told him that I teach my kids not to say that word and if he doesn't want people to call him that then he best not ever call other people that. Then I told him to go home and my son to come home. I let him know that we don't teach it in my house. Then you hear these songs that are supposed to have a good beat and be COOL, but every other word is the N word, always sung by black people. Teaching starts at home and until every home teaches it and the government does away with race on applications and in laws, it will not change.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com