Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 400EX spark issue.  (Read 1597 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: October 09, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

Ok, my buddys 400EX has no saprk. Last time it was riden, the chain popped off and got jammed in the countershaft sprocket cover and therefore shutting the engine off. It was running fine up til then. Could that have messes up something on the flywheel or something? Stopping instantly like that while riding at about 20mph? Or is it just a coincidence that something has broke since then? We had been riding in some water. I know sportbikes and water dont mix but his brother wanted to go so... What could be wrong? Im not good with electrical stuff on bikes.
flt mech

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »

Take a Volt meter and chase the wire to find out where it drops.  I think there is a relay right after the battery.  Spark plug could be broke on the inside. Check ground.  Are you sure it is just spark or possbly something else?
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 11:51:39 PM »

well i checked for spark by removing the plug and holding it to the cylinder and turning it over. theres no spark there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com