Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoops!  (Read 7177 times)
Anoriginal

« on: August 18, 2008, 09:54:11 AM »

So, I get ragged on all the time by my friends because I keep my truck so clean. It's never been dirty and I detail it just about every weekend. I pride myself on keeping it and all of my vehicles spotless. Well, this weekend that all came to an end.

On Saturday afternoon, I decided to take my wife, my son and my mother out to a good friend's ranch to ride around and look at deer, hogs, etc. The place is 1600 acres and absolutely beautiful. In fact, I keep my swamp buggy out there under the barn. It makes it nice because it's only 20 minutes away and loaded with game.

Around 5 p.m. we load up and head out. Because it's hot and the mosquitoes are horrible, we decide to stay in the truck verses getting on the buggy. I am staying on the roads so, it shouldn't be a problem right? Wrong!

Like an idiot, I go down a trail that is rather wet. In fact, earlier in the year, it had been disced up as a fire lane. Well, my truck immediately sinks. I put it in reverse and it moves a little. I then put it in drive and it actually moves forward. Now, I have 35x13.50x18 Mickey Thompson ATZ's on my truck that are at the end of their life. Great all around tires but definitely not mud grips. To make any forward progress, you have to spin them....rapidly.

Well, I roll into the throttle and we start to move ahead. At the same time, the blackest nastiest mud begins to rain down on my truck like cow poop hail. My spotless truck is spotless no more. To my surprise and my wife and mother's joy, my truck claws it's way out of the muck and onto solid ground. We make our way up to the ranch house where I spend the next hour washing off 200 pounds of mud from my truck while my Wife, Son and Mother relax inside the airconditioned house and watch TV.

In hindsight, I wish I would have stopped as soon as the truck sunk and just hiked the 3/4 miles to the barn and got my buggy to winch out my truck. I spent 4.5 hours yesterday cleaning my truck inside, out and under neath. Here are a few pics of the carnage I took with my camera phone at the ranch house. Enjoy!

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:12:31 AM »

bummer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
backinsaddle

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »

that's the way a truck should look, not some pavement queen, of course i understand it's a ford and you have to take every precaution to keep her in one piece Tongue

I can tell your son is not mobile yet.  I used to detail every weekend too, now i detail once a year if lucky.  get used to that look, when the little one becomes a walking catastophe, you're free weekends with the toys will change quick Nerd

take a look at the new bfg mud terrain km2.  I have them on mine and they've given a good ride, quiet, and have stayed in balance for 15,000 miles.  I'll be getting them again when these wear out (looks like 30-40k life)

by the way, i hear your meeting on saturday fell through Shocked
Anoriginal

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »

Yeah, your predictions were right on the money about that meeting. Ha ha. We're still working on it. I've approached them about a lump sum offer for everything. I'll keep you posted.

Wink
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:07:03 PM »

Some things never change. When we were little kids we would play with our bicycles and toys in the mud puddles. The toys just cost more now and the puddles have gotten bigger. If I would of been with you, the truck would still be stuck.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 04:36:41 PM »

I thawt use wus smert?  Grin

I guess we should call you sling blade now.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Anoriginal

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »

Some things never change. When we were little kids we would play with our bicycles and toys in the mud puddles. The toys just cost more now and the puddles have gotten bigger. If I would of been with you, the truck would still be stuck.

That's only because everytime I get stuck with you, I break something that costs at least $1,500.00 to fix and renders my equipment immobile for a few days. Not to mention the fact you always say things to me like, "I think you can make it.", "Oh you puzzy, grow a set and try it!" and my personal favorite, "Matt, you know that beaten paths are for beaten men!"

Git it rag!

~ Slingblade
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:05:02 PM by Anoriginal » Logged
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

Well it does say Off Road on the side.  Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Anoriginal

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 08:38:37 PM »

Well it does say Off Road on the side.  Wink

Well I sure tested that theory now didn't I? ha ha
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 08:50:59 PM »

Haha man that sucks!
I've always wanted to do something like that in my own ride, but now that I have my very own truck I try to keep it as clean as possible. They day after I got it, I spent nearly 4 hours inside of it, with a bottle of armoral, wipes, and a knife to clean every little crevice.

Did any muck seep into the interior? I'm sure the carpeted floor wouldn't welcome that mud very well.
Anoriginal

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 08:59:09 PM »

It never got that deep. Luckily I was in muck only and no water. It never got much over the tire and hardly on the rim. It really didn't look that bad....but then again, it never does. Ha ha!
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 09:17:32 PM »

Thats true haha, but wow from the pictures it looks like the mud was halfway up your doors.
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 10:10:33 PM »

Most fords never make it out, consider yourself lucky. Shocked

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Anoriginal

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »

Actually, I was trying to run over Bigfoot when I got hung up in the mud.
qt314nfla

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »

Very nice Matt!  I really can't believe you went there w/ your truck.  I would have payed good money to be in the truck and see the look on your face as you were tearing it up.

Now tell me though when you saw bigfoot did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? Shocked
Anoriginal

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »

Very nice Matt!  I really can't believe you went there w/ your truck.  I would have payed good money to be in the truck and see the look on your face as you were tearing it up.

Now tell me though when you saw bigfoot did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? Shocked

My face was in a scowl for sure. I was not happy about it. You've seen my truck and how spotless I keep it. So, you can imagine how mad I was.

Actually, Bigfoot was being chased by his wife and girlfriend. They were all yelling at each other...in spanish.  Wink
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2008, 05:42:37 PM »

Now tell me though when you saw Avalanche2082  did he have his wife and g/f w/ him? Shocked

My face was in a scowl for sure. I was not happy about it. You've seen my truck and how spotless I keep it. So, you can imagine how mad I was.

Actually, Avalanche2082  was being chased by his wife and girlfriend. They were all yelling at each other...in spanish.  Wink

Is that the same kid from the alimony thread? Shocked

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »

Just think Matt, you have sealed any potential oil leaks for another year Grin

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Anoriginal

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »

Just think Matt, you have sealed any potential oil leaks for another year Grin

Hey, that's a good point! Makes me feel better already.  Wink Ha ha!
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 12:07:07 PM »

Dry mud is the best leak protector I have found yet Cool

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Mr Sandman

Do it while you can - tomorrow could be too late..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »

Possibly true but then again, if it was a Chevy it would still be there...
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 08:14:54 PM »

lol.

the 2nd week i had my jeep it was pretty much covered in mud.haha.

its SO much fun to take it in the mud and just TRY to get it stuck.plus i like the looks everyone gives me as i pull into the school parking lot with a muddy as heck cant see out the windows jeep. lol.

she cleans up nice though

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 08:15:50 PM »

Haha man that sucks!
I've always wanted to do something like that in my own ride, but now that I have my very own truck I try to keep it as clean as possible. They day after I got it, I spent nearly 4 hours inside of it, with a bottle of armoral, wipes, and a knife to clean every little crevice.

stop being a little girl and take it through some mud!!! come up to lehigh ill pull u out when u get stuck ,haha

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com