Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Injured today while riding*update*  (Read 8522 times)
KAW3604x4

I am a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:45 PM »

Toast Here's to a speedy recovery!! Wink

2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif
atvdude01

out here ridin!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 01:13:10 PM »

this really sux bro, man i broke my collarbone actually it was just a little higher on my collar but yha, that must really suck, it didnt happen atving or anything it was bmx, but i got used to doing everything with my left hand and then finally it partially healed and i could somewhat use my right hand for school and whatnot but it really sucked because like the first couple weeks it hurt just to try and sit down, i dont know why but it did hahahah, but i hope it heals quickly like mine! good luck with being a leftie for a while  Tongue

-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. www.myspace.com/crazy_b
qt314nfla

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 02:31:11 PM »

sorry to hear it frank.  there is some truth to what was said about ligaments.  the other reason for slow recovery compared to muscles or bones is the lack of blood supply.   gonna def be interesting doing anything for a while.  you might consider looking up prolotherapy on the internet.  it will help rebuild the ligaments and is about as little invasive as you can get.  works better than cortizone injections on the long term basis.  a lot of professional athletes are using it to get back in the sport faster. i know it'd kill me to be off my street bike these days.   i wish you a speedy recovery. 
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2008, 04:47:38 PM »

franks on my team now Huh we take the pics  Wink

Temporarily

Toast Here's to a speedy recovery!! Wink

Thanks

this really sux bro, man i broke my collarbone actually it was just a little higher on my collar but yha, that must really suck, it didnt happen atving or anything it was bmx, but i got used to doing everything with my left hand and then finally it partially healed and i could somewhat use my right hand for school and whatnot but it really sucked because like the first couple weeks it hurt just to try and sit down, i dont know why but it did hahahah, but i hope it heals quickly like mine! good luck with being a leftie for a while  Tongue

I'm old so it will take some time. LOL

sorry to hear it frank.  there is some truth to what was said about ligaments.  the other reason for slow recovery compared to muscles or bones is the lack of blood supply.   gonna def be interesting doing anything for a while.  you might consider looking up prolotherapy on the internet.  it will help rebuild the ligaments and is about as little invasive as you can get.  works better than cortizone injections on the long term basis.  a lot of professional athletes are using it to get back in the sport faster. i know it'd kill me to be off my street bike these days.   i wish you a speedy recovery. 

Thanks for the advice and well wishes.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2008, 05:13:57 PM »

that sucks man! sorry to hear it. I had to avoid some awesome hill climbs this weekend for fear of injury. Heal up quick man!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 05:48:35 PM »

that sucks man! sorry to hear it. I had to avoid some awesome hill climbs this weekend for fear of injury. Heal up quick man!

Thanks Kyle

TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »

I saw the Doctor today. He told me 4 weeks in the sling and then he would reevaluate me. Maybe surgery down the road. I hope not.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com