Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Ocala Trail  (Read 3864 times)
bigjohn

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »

I rode the entire 47 mile trail yesterday and must say I was impressed with the overall experience. There were a few places down in the Big Scrub area that needed to be better groomed and a few turns that needed better signage. It got a little confusing where the Srub Jay Loop Trail joins the Centenial trail. Don't worry Ranger Bob will be in there to help you out.
If you decide to ride this trail the whole length from Pipeline/40 trailhead to Big Scrub trailhead and on around back to Pipeline/40 bring plenty of extra gas, water, and bug spray. The deer flys were so bad they were bouncing off my glasses even at 10 and 15 mph.
About halfway to Big Scrub there is a huge cut on a hill east of the bombing range where you can stop and watch the Navy drop their live bombs and actually feel the ground shaking under your bike.
Have a safe holiday
Big John
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:28:30 PM »

I too rode the new loop this past weekend and really liked it. I just wish it was one way so there wouldn't be the fear of coming head on with someone around a turn(even at 20mph), because there are alot of them. We did both loops on a tank of gas. And yes the horse flys were bad.

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
megapurt400

Do not mistake my kindness for weakness!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 08:06:13 AM »

the horse flys still suck!
Shallowminded

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 04:08:51 PM »

How were the signs, is this easy to navigate without a GPS?  Any concerns with having enough fuel, I'm riding a TRX 450.  How's the parking, would it be a problem to get to the parking with a car or do you need a truck?  Last but not least, was it fun?HuhHuhHuhHuh??  Thanks......
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 08:16:43 PM »

I have a yfz450 and can do both loops on a tank of gas. Yes you can make it to the parking with a car. Its on the pipeline road and its clay. Some parts of the trail are smooth and some are whooped out so you get a little of both. There are some long straights and lots of corners. They seem to be well thought out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 08:20:53 PM by novadave » Logged

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com