Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride ? ? ?, yet another track out ! ! !  (Read 3374 times)
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »

A couple days ago Flying High shut down (I don't really know if is permanent) now the people that runs Quick Track on Lakeland told me today, that they will close in 2 weeks.  Shocked they will try to find a new property but it will take time before they find the right one plus the time it will take to get the permits and and all that paper work.

I just hope some other tracks will opened up

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »

A couple days ago Flying High shut down (I don't really know if is permanent) now the people that runs Quick Track on Lakeland told me today, that they will close in 2 weeks.  Shocked they will try to find a new property but it will take time before they find the right one plus the time it will take to get the permits and and all that paper work.

What happened with quicktrack, why are they closing.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »

The owners sold the property, the new owners want everyone out by the end of the month, the cars race track include.

Everything will be flated out and they will put some storage buildings in there

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 12:53:29 PM »

We'll you still have Desoto and Sunshine

ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »

I believe this pertains to Flying High MX Park. This is part of the meeting minutes from the Pasco County Board of County Commissioners regular meeting on 7/8/08:

ZONING PETITION (Regular)-Zoning/Code Compliance Department-to Modify, Add, or Amend Conditions or for the Revocation of the Conditional Use Granted by the BCC on 11/8/06, and Effective on 9/27/07, for a Motocross Track; BCC 7/8/08, 1:30 p.m., DC
Memorandum ZN06-CU32R
Recommendation: Other
Comm. Dist. 1
COMMISSIONER MULIERI MOVED TO RECEIVE AND FILE PHOTOGRAPHS SUBMITTED BY MS. TINA NOLE; COMMISSIONER MARIANO SECONDED; MOTION CARRIED.
COMMISSIONER COX MOVED TO REVOKE THE CONDITIONAL USE IMMEDIATELY; COMMISSIONER MULIERI SECONDED.
COMMISSIONER COX AMENDED THE MOTION TO SPECIFY THE VIOLATIONS OF THE CONDITIONAL USE AS STATED BY MR. STEINSNYDER THAT THE APPLICANT HAD VIOLATED NUMEROUS CONDITIONS OF THE CONDITIONAL USE INCLUDING OPERATING OUTSIDE THE TIME ALLOWED, HAVING MORE THAN THE NUMBER OF EVENTS SPECIFIED IN THE PERMIT, AND SCHEDULE CONFLICTS WITH THE PARK ACTIVITIES; COMMISSIONER MULIERI SECONDED; MOTION CARRIED.

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »

storage facilities?! WHAT CRAP!! I was going to go to quicktrack this past weekend but it did nothing but rain by me and now im booked the next two weekends, this sucks! Hopefully they will rebuild somewhere else, i'd like it to be closer to me, but you SF guys need riding areas more than we do. Thanks for the post luis, and by the way, i have a 450 now so we have to meet up at croom soon!

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:48:22 PM »

storage facilities?! WHAT CRAP!! I was going to go to quicktrack this past weekend but it did nothing but rain by me and now im booked the next two weekends, this sucks! Hopefully they will rebuild somewhere else, i'd like it to be closer to me, but you SF guys need riding areas more than we do. Thanks for the post luis, and by the way, i have a 450 now so we have to meet up at croom soon!

Cool Kyle, I may be heading up to Quick Track on Sunday, but after the FTR banquet I'll be looking for some riding up on Croom.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 05:55:10 PM »

Wow the tracks are droppin like crazy, that makes 3 that I know of just this year that have been closed down sheesh.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com