Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: registering a boat with no title  (Read 18506 times)
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 05:32:40 PM »

ok i understand were your coming from now, you just didn't understand that i didn't buy it from a stranger, i know seth and iv known hes had the boat and how he got it before i even thought about buying it

so i just got back from selling the billy goat, i got 150$ and a 25hp johnson for it Cool

the problem is that this motor has WAY to long of a shaft lol, i may have to pretty much make a full custom transom and make it about 6" taller. i want it to be safe so im not gonna just bolt and nut a piece of aluminum and wood up there becasue this motor is allot of power for a 14ft aluminum jon boat. ill have to peel the 25hp stickers once i get it registered, the limit is 9.9 hp...

o and its not a tiller, so im going to have to get creative...

EDIT, turns out the shaft is not too long and isn't uncommon to run, if you ask me it looks way to long... ill run it and see. anyways, got it running tonight, sprayed some gas down the carb(didnt have any starter fluid or carb cleaner) and it fired up pretty easy. the motor doesn't need much, just spark plugs, anodes, and alot of nuts and bolts hear and there. cant beet it for 50$.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:01:45 AM by Chevy1500z71 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com