Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rancho  (Read 3346 times)
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2008, 10:23:53 PM »

ive been there alot lately in my jeep but have never been able to really get off the main trail....i was wondering if there were any hills climbs or anything else besides whoops and mud?

ive heard that there are like little tracks with jumps and stuff is this true? 

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 09:48:17 PM »

come one i know people ride out there all the time!  Grin

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 10:16:20 PM »

That is the place that we do not talk about. It is forbidden.

j/k

These were the last two threads on the the topic.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,6589.0.html
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,17385.0.html

I haven't been there in a few years so I'm sure it has changed since then. But, a few years ago it wasn't all that exciting to ride but it is a place to go. Few people will talk about it for fear of it being over populated and shut down. That is a common problem for "grey" riding areas. You'll also never get a distinct answer on how to buy a lot out there either. I've been curious about it for 3 years and I still don't know. It's almost like a secret society or cult.

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 10:24:46 PM »

yea i know but my friends uncle actually owns a deed to it so we have permision to go out there when ever unless it hunting season...ad to be respectful and not ride at night an keep the place clean!     

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
bwfish

Life to short not to enjoy it!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »

If you go you better have written permission from a land owner. Word of mouth does not count. Those of you that know where it is Im letting you know about this morning. Several cars with deputies, helicopter and the game warden was there and you should know the rest of the story. Do not know of anyone going to jail or losing there atv. Like most grey areas been overpopulated and trash everywhere.

2009 Rhino SE 700 14" ITP w/27"mudlites
2009 rzr
2007 transformer4
2009 Polaris Ranger 500
2003 kaw 250 Bayou
2009 Kaw 50
predator trailrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 05:59:56 PM »

yeah i was there this morning as the cops were getting there wouldnt let anyone in with out a deed.
i've been going there for the past 2 months every weekend with 5 friends and we havent had any problems.We always bring a trash bag and clean are mess up as well as the mess left buy others around were we park.
we have meet a land owner and he told us we could ride there all summer just dont come back untill hunting season is over. that doesnt do us any good now that this is going on. i need to get ahold of him and get written permission i guess.
The game warden told one of my friends, that was already back there, that last weekend some guys come in there and beat up some other guys and stole there 4 wheelers. Dumb people mess it up for everyone else.I was there saturday and sunday and didnt have any problems does anyone know if the cops were there yesterday? Or does anyone know anything about the 4 wheelers getting stolen
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 10:56:11 AM »

The simple fact is you should be there unless you are a land owner or you are there with a land owner. The place has been getting trashed over the last 3 years and ive been told by a few different land owners that they are talking about putting up a fence and gate. Remember folks this place isn't just some field people have a vested interest in the property ... i would be surprised  if the cops wernt there next weekend too. Careless people are the reason our legal riding areas are shut down. The fact that people would trash a place that isnt legal (quicker to get shut down) is amazing. I can tell you part of the problem isnt the riders its the people that go there at night to hang out (minors probably) and don't wana bring their empties or any other trash for that matter home. The other issue is the blatant dumping. The simple solution is to gate the place up to help keep people out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com