Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should I buy a used truck or lease a new truck?
Buy
Lease

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy vs. Lease  (Read 3249 times)
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 29, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »

I am looking to buy or lease a truck.  I want a Tundra but i'm not sure if I should buy or lease.  Leasing will build up your credit if you pay like your supposed to which is good,  but it would be about $11k every 3 years for a new loaded truck vs paying $18k for a used older model that you get to keep.  What do ya'll think?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:39:41 PM by FoxHondaRider » Logged

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »

Buy

HONDA CRF450R
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 04:51:35 PM »

Buy

+1

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 07:37:39 PM »

definately buy cuz if not your gonna be pissed after payin for 3 years and not have anything to show for it the only exception would be if your planning on keepin it short term either way in wich case keep the mileage in mind i put like 6k a year on my older trucks but soon as i got a nice truck i put 10k on it in 6 mo mileage is not cheap on a lease

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Bruteforce SRA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 07:50:44 PM »

NEVER lease..you will always lose in the end
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:23 PM »

Actually buying or leasing gives you the same credit rating when you make the payments on time. The myth used to be you need better credit to lease when actually you didn't need as good of credit to lease. Leasing can be good if you trade every 2 to 3 years. If you buy you will prob finance for 60 or 72 months, most vehicles loose 50% of their value in the first 2 years so after 2 years 90% of people buying are "upside down". Leasing you have a paid up contract after 2 or 3 years and start fresh instead of carrying over inequity to the next purchase. Also with a lease you have a lower payment (more car, less money) then buying and you are ALWAYS under warranty. The logic is with leasing "I never own my vehicle" when reality is most of us will never own our vehicles we trade or wreck them before we pay them off...thats why they have drive up windows @ banks, so we can take out cars to see their real owners once a month. Wink Do your research before you sign anything and always remember to make sure the price you agreed to pay is the the same on the lease. The residual value is based on the MSRP of the vehicle so if the list price is 30,000.00 and the residual value is 50% the residual value is 15000.00 you only pay payments on the selling price from the residual. Say you negotiate a 4000.00 discount (normal on new trucks) then you will pay on 11000.00 over the term. 30000.00 -4000.00= 26000.00 - 15000.00 residual = 11000.00 you also have to be carefull because the money factor can be raised as much as 4 points so ask to see a rate sheet or check on line before entering a dealership. Car dealers for the most part will trick you any way they can make more money and because folks aren't "up on leasing" they tend to push you in that direction. I will be glad to help you purchase or lease a vehicle, you have to be very carefull out there. Leasing is good I used to lease all my vehicles but you have to know what you are doing. I trained dealerships all over the state on leasing and how to make it "MAKE SENCE" to the customer.Good Luck and let me know if I can help. Wink
FoxHondaRider
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »

good info, its very clear now to buy not lease.  I'm not worried either with a Toyota breaking down so i wouldnt need a warranty.  Next step is looking for a Toyota Tundra.  I want black, white or silver with those BBS wheels Smiley

2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 11:35:13 PM »

Buy. I just bought a nice 01 Chrysler Town & Country. My opinion, leasing is for anyone who doesn't want to take care of the car. They would rather the dealer do it.
   I don't have money to throw into the wind like some folks do.
Turboderf
Supreme Member

**HONDA** WARRANTY **SUCKS**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 07:59:09 AM »

buy
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 08:59:10 AM »

Actually buying or leasing gives you the same credit rating when you make the payments on time. The myth used to be you need better credit to lease when actually you didn't need as good of credit to lease. Leasing can be good if you trade every 2 to 3 years. If you buy you will prob finance for 60 or 72 months, most vehicles loose 50% of their value in the first 2 years so after 2 years 90% of people buying are "upside down". Leasing you have a paid up contract after 2 or 3 years and start fresh instead of carrying over inequity to the next purchase. Also with a lease you have a lower payment (more car, less money) then buying and you are ALWAYS under warranty. The logic is with leasing "I never own my vehicle" when reality is most of us will never own our vehicles we trade or wreck them before we pay them off...thats why they have drive up windows @ banks, so we can take out cars to see their real owners once a month. Wink Do your research before you sign anything and always remember to make sure the price you agreed to pay is the the same on the lease. The residual value is based on the MSRP of the vehicle so if the list price is 30,000.00 and the residual value is 50% the residual value is 15000.00 you only pay payments on the selling price from the residual. Say you negotiate a 4000.00 discount (normal on new trucks) then you will pay on 11000.00 over the term. 30000.00 -4000.00= 26000.00 - 15000.00 residual = 11000.00 you also have to be carefull because the money factor can be raised as much as 4 points so ask to see a rate sheet or check on line before entering a dealership. Car dealers for the most part will trick you any way they can make more money and because folks aren't "up on leasing" they tend to push you in that direction. I will be glad to help you purchase or lease a vehicle, you have to be very carefull out there. Leasing is good I used to lease all my vehicles but you have to know what you are doing. I trained dealerships all over the state on leasing and how to make it "MAKE SENCE" to the customer.Good Luck and let me know if I can help. Wink

What the hell do you know?  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 09:00:21 AM »

also remember:
you will have to fix anything they find wrong with the vehicle when you turn it in and i mean anything...the only way out of that is if you turn right around and either purchase or lease another vehicle from THEM! Also there can be fees when you turn it back in to the dealer could be a couple of thousand; sometimes as  SWAMP_DONKEY said you have to pay a lot of attention to the contract!!!! In my opinion when you lease it is a never ending cycle of car payments granted a lot of people don't keep their vehicles very long these days but lets say you lease for 3-4 years you have nothing in the end but if you bought the vehicle at least after mahybe 4 years of payments you may have some tradi-in value and or you'll own it...leasing is like a credit card you'll pay till you die!!! and never pay it off...jmho Grin
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »

What the hell do you know?  Grin

Swampass grabbed that from the net & inserted the smileys......DUH!~ Wink

AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 06:11:14 PM »

BUY!!! so you have something to show off in 3 years

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road