Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 400ex/450R/450ER Maintance question...  (Read 1391 times)
NoMoreHoez

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2008, 11:39:04 PM »

Okay so I've got a really odd question... correct me if i'm wrong please... but isn't the Tranny in a honda 400ex or 450R or 450ER lubed by the engine oil? as is the clutch... I'm a motorcycle guy and I've never heard of a jap bike with a tranny or a seperate tranny fluid needed... I just read an ad for a 450ER which is a sport quad that the guy was bragging in the ad that he runs a decent 20w50 oil in the motor and 80w Gear oil in the tranny... so I'm trying to figure out where in the hell he's putting gear oil in a quad? I'm guessing he's popping the crank case fill plug for the oil which i'm under the impression isn't used on a honda for normal maintance like many other sport quads... and filling it with gear oil? please any thoughts on this subject i would appreciate... and if I'm wrong let me know cause I own a 400ex which could need the tranny fluid changed and so will several of my friends that have 400ex's.... I've also got a raptor and you have to add oil in the oil tank and crankcase for an oil change... but never heard of such a thing on the 400ex...
VForce700

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 03:02:43 PM »

Don't worry you are not going crazy. The 400ex don't have seperate oils unless they recently changed the design in the last couple of years. the 450's do have seperate fill points for tranny side and engine side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com