Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: calling on you braniacks!!  (Read 4755 times)
GrizzlyGator

« on: December 27, 2007, 09:04:28 AM »

O.K. heres the scoop....(sorry not pithy!)
1. We have an x-box 360  Grin
2. we are wireless (netgear N)  Grin
3. when we use rainbow 6 over the wireless no problems  Grin
4. just got call of duty 4  Grin
5. when we try and log on with call of duty wireless no success  Cry
6. when we go hard wired with call of duty we have success  Grin
7. some more info for you we use wep encryption on the netgear
8. I have bellsouth internet i don't use the bellsouth firewall but I do use the windows xp firewall
9. the call of duty 4 says you can open certain ports for this game?? IE port forwarding
OK does anyone have some suggestions for setting up the call of duty 4 for wireless with the above mentioned items???  Nerd
oh yeah...it seems that this is happing with a lot of users but some are having success logging on??? So obviously they have something figured out...Thanks

shirah86

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 10:20:57 AM »

my lil bro knows how to do all that ill talk to him later about it
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »

networking starts to go over my head but I would bet it is just a setting on your wireless router (ie: port,ect.) because you take it out of the equation and it works when you hard wire it.  One good thing hard wire it will be faster.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
GrizzlyGator

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »

networking starts to go over my head but I would bet it is just a setting on your wireless router (ie: port,ect.) because you take it out of the equation and it works when you hard wire it.  One good thing hard wire it will be faster.

yeah I know hard wire is the best... but our computer is in my room and of course the Xbox is in my sons room???
I'm sure its some kind of port setting also I just have exausted all avenues that I famillar with?
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »

I'm assuming that Rainbow 6 is a game played on the xbox?

I know computers and networks but I'm not yer typical computer geek that likes to play games,,,,,the most I play games with my computer is solitaire right now.

if the other game is working through the xbox and wireless,,,,then it must be a port issue, you would need to find out what ports need to be open and then it's a fairly simple operation to open them up in the router settings.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 07:47:54 PM »

Hey Can-AM,

To rule out other possibilities try temporarily turning your WEP off leaving you with an open connection.  See if the game works then.

Its not a port issue, if it was he would not be able to play via a wired connection.

Sounds like the port is not open and if I remember correctly this game is not NAT (network Address Translation) friendly.

Also what is the exact error message your getting?  Server timout, network not connected.....

Forgot to add....  Call bellsouth and make sure their "modem" is operating in a bridged mode and not routed
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 07:54:40 PM by MuddFreak77 » Logged

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:54:17 PM »

Hey Can-AM,

To rule out other possibilities try temporarily turning your WEP off leaving you with an open connection.  See if the game works then.

Its not a port issue, if it was he would not be able to play via a wired connection.

Sounds like the port is not open and if I remember correctly this game is not NAT (network Address Translation) friendly.

Also what is the exact error message your getting?  Server timout, network not connected.....

good point,,,,,my brain is fried after today.

9 hours fighting with a very stubborn pc just trying to get XP Pro with Office set up and some simple data transfer,,,,,,shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 07:57:28 PM »

Hey Can-AM,

What was I saying!!!!  Its not a port issue. 

What color is the light on the network adapter?

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »

9 hours fighting with a very stubborn pc just trying to get XP Pro with Office set up and some simple data transfer,,,,,,shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours.

Id@

Dam Ida thats crazy!!! 

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 08:00:35 PM »

Hey Can-AM,

What was I saying!!!!  Its not a port issue. 

What color is the light on the network adapter?

just say "hot pink"  it makes us IT guys think harder ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 08:01:51 PM »

Id@

Dam Ida thats crazy!!! 

yeah, then I got called in the "office" and was grilled for about 20 minutes on what I did and why it took so long,,,,,so after I explained about the 7-10 times I was asked how it was going throughout the day, I had to fight it all day with badly burned discs and such.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

'00 Honda TRX90
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »

Id@

Dam Ida thats crazy!!! 

yeah, then I got called in the "office" and was grilled for about 20 minutes on what I did and why it took so long,,,,,so after I explained about the 7-10 times I was asked how it was going throughout the day, I had to fight it all day with badly burned discs and such.

Id@

Sh!tty,   Thats why I love my hard drive to USB adaptors,

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

GrizzlyGator

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 06:35:58 AM »

Hey Can-AM,

Forgot to add....  Call bellsouth and make sure their "modem" is operating in a bridged mode and not routed

yeah mud...I read that it was not NAT ( Network Address Translators ) friendly also....I did turn off the WEP security function and it had no effect....I did try and open the port that the game said it worked through (3074) whether or not I open it the right way i don't know?? I opened it on the router under the i think tpc/upd?? anyway I noticed on the windows firewall you can open ports on that as well...would you have to open them as well as the router?? I will call bell south and ask about which setting for the modem. Thanks for the replys everyone....happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MedicMudder
Supreme Member

USMC...OOOO RHAA !!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 07:17:26 AM »

Heck with playing the v games ...go get mudddyyyy  Tongue Cool

Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
 My son is a United States  Marine. SmileySmiley Semper Fidelis.
 Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 01:10:46 PM »

wireless gives lag for games, i keep my 360 hardwired for a better connection

just my .02

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
Pages: [1]   Go Up