Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Installed 2inch lift on my grizzly  (Read 7958 times)
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:05:30 PM »

Finally installed the lift my girlfriend got me for christmas. After searching for kits for my bike for a while I was finally able to find a 2inch lift that didn't require after market rear axles for my bike. For some reason high lifter and moose require gorilla axles in the rear and they are like over 300 each!!! Way to much money. This company called xtreme products based out of louisiana fabricated a 2inch all around for my bike. I got a full 2 inches in the front and just over 1.6inches of lift in the rear. The kit completely relocated the suspension and as a result I can take corners faster without rolling as much. I'm extremely satisfied with the kit. Hoping to go out this saturday to test it out on the trails this weekend. 

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
2inch Xtreme Products Lift Kit
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 04:58:07 PM »

I think the reason why the other ones say you need gorillas is probably because of the angle they put on the cvs it will cause them to snap easy. Will probably happen with that one also Shocked  Check the boots on the rear axles after about 5 miles and see if they are hot.

But it looks good

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:28:48 PM »

I think the reason why the other ones say you need gorillas is probably because of the angle they put on the cvs it will cause them to snap easy. Will probably happen with that one also Shocked  Check the boots on the rear axles after about 5 miles and see if they are hot.

But it looks good

Just did, u made me nervous lol. Rode around my neighbor hood and went into the powerline field that has a mudhole and some nice big rocks to climb. It was only for a little less than an hour but rode about 15 miles. Got home, checked them and they were fine. I'm going to be riding all day sunday so if it's going to happen it'll happen then. Plus I was looking at pictures from when I first got the wheels and tires and the boots don't look any different. I'll post again when I get some more miles on the kit. Thanks.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
TOY_DOCTOR
Supreme Member

RHINO 660, YFZ450, TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 09:35:44 PM »

I have the same lift on my grizzly and it has lots of miles on it with no problems, I also have the highlifter hd springs and helps keep the big tires from rubbing the fenders...

TOY DOCTOR - MOBILE RV REPAIR, ONAN GENERATORS, ATVs, & MOTORCYCLEs ............I BUY UNWANTED ATV's
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 10:03:57 PM »

I have the same lift on my grizzly and it has lots of miles on it with no problems, I also have the highlifter hd springs and helps keep the big tires from rubbing the fenders...

Awesome, i had never been able to find anybody else with the lift to ask if it was good or not. Thanks u just calmed me down lol. Cool to know u have the highlifter springs, i was planning on getting those next. I read on yasky that those springs give u one inch of lift. Is that true?

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 02:52:51 PM »

looks good! but it needs a wash.

rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

looks good! but it needs a wash.

lmao i know. I try to take all the plastics off once a month to give it a good cleaning. It's not that time of the month yet  Laugh

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »

Awesome kit man. I found a 2 inch kit on ebay for my Arctic Cat for $60. How do you like the Mudlite XTR tires? I was thinking of 2 inches of lift and 27 inch tires on 14 inch wheels for my ATV.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 12:56:42 AM »

Awesome kit man. I found a 2 inch kit on ebay for my Arctic Cat for $60. How do you like the Mudlite XTR tires? I was thinking of 2 inches of lift and 27 inch tires on 14 inch wheels for my ATV.

I can't begin to tell u how happy i am with these tires. What i love about them is that they are not just a mud tire. I've done mudding, rock crawling, rock trails, sand trails, street, etc... They have about 700 miles on them in those pictures and they hardly show any wear. My friend has 28" outlaws and whenever we climb rocky hills he starts losing chunks lol. And i do just as good as him in the mud. I'm gonna step up to 27" if i ever finish this set off. The rear left tire even has two patches in it.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 09:07:41 AM »

I can't begin to tell u how happy i am with these tires. What i love about them is that they are not just a mud tire. I've done mudding, rock crawling, rock trails, sand trails, street, etc... They have about 700 miles on them in those pictures and they hardly show any wear. My friend has 28" outlaws and whenever we climb rocky hills he starts losing chunks lol. And i do just as good as him in the mud. I'm gonna step up to 27" if i ever finish this set off. The rear left tire even has two patches in it.

I have heard alot of good reviews about these tires. In the Spring I will be doing some work to my ATV. How hard was that lift kit to install?

1997 Chevy Silverado

rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »

I have heard alot of good reviews about these tires. In the Spring I will be doing some work to my ATV. How hard was that lift kit to install?

The rear kit was simple to install. Bolted right on. I just had to shim the exhaust out a bit but some washers took care of that (ur kit might be different). The front more complicated, but if you have someone helping you it should be easy. It took me about an hour and a half doing it myself.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »

The rear kit was simple to install. Bolted right on. I just had to shim the exhaust out a bit but some washers took care of that (ur kit might be different). The front more complicated, but if you have someone helping you it should be easy. It took me about an hour and a half doing it myself.

Sweet! Time and money well spent in my book. BTW Where do you find the girls that buy you stuff for your atv? Sign me up LOL

1997 Chevy Silverado

Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008, 11:05:44 PM »

Sweet! Time and money well spent in my book. BTW Where do you find the girls that buy you stuff for your atv? Sign me up LOL

I don't know if your trv will have problems but most ACs with a 2" lift have problems with the front axles pulling out(to short) so most have to get gorillas in the front(3/4" longer) which stops that. Also I know the TRV is lowered 2"s(shorter shocks) so the 2" might not pull out with the trv but I know you can get regular AC shocks(non trv) and get 2"s of lift. Or at least that is what people said on highlifter.

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008, 11:18:09 PM »

I don't know if your trv will have problems but most ACs with a 2" lift have problems with the front axles pulling out(to short) so most have to get gorillas in the front(3/4" longer) which stops that. Also I know the TRV is lowered 2"s(shorter shocks) so the 2" might not pull out with the trv but I know you can get regular AC shocks(non trv) and get 2"s of lift. Or at least that is what people said on highlifter.

Thanks alot for the info. Maybe I will just put the 14 inch wheels on with the 27 inch tires.

1997 Chevy Silverado

rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 01:46:45 AM »

hahaha i have no clue. Just got lucky i guess. She know that eveybody at the shop were I do business knows me (i go and just hang out with them and over time they started to hook me up with cheaper prices and free stuff) She just called one day to ask about the lift kit and they were like "oh ur roy's gf, we know the kit he wants its this one."

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 11:31:22 AM »

hahaha i have no clue. Just got lucky i guess. She know that eveybody at the shop were I do business knows me (i go and just hang out with them and over time they started to hook me up with cheaper prices and free stuff) She just called one day to ask about the lift kit and they were like "oh ur roy's gf, we know the kit he wants its this one."

KEEP HER! Now, if I can only talk my girl into buying me my wheels and tires lol

1997 Chevy Silverado

psd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 12:30:06 PM »

Finally installed the lift my girlfriend got me for christmas. After searching for kits for my bike for a while I was finally able to find a 2inch lift that didn't require after market rear axles for my bike. For some reason high lifter and moose require gorilla axles in the rear and they are like over 300 each!!! Way to much money. This company called xtreme products based out of louisiana fabricated a 2inch all around for my bike. I got a full 2 inches in the front and just over 1.6inches of lift in the rear. The kit completely relocated the suspension and as a result I can take corners faster without rolling as much. I'm extremely satisfied with the kit. Hoping to go out this saturday to test it out on the trails this weekend. 

Looks good, let us know over time how the axles do.Are those 26 inch tall tires?

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
2002 black Ford Excursion PSD
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 80
2011 Yamaha Raptor 125
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008, 11:04:39 PM »

KEEP HER! Now, if I can only talk my girl into buying me my wheels and tires lol

I plan on it lol. good luck with the wheels and tires. i was like damn baby now i need to get bigger tires, her response "ur on ur own there" lol

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
rb-86

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »

Looks good, let us know over time how the axles do.Are those 26 inch tall tires?

almost didn't see ur message because it came up between the pictures lol. but yea i will definitely post in a while about the axles. And yes the they are 26x12 in the rear and 26x9 in the front.

2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660
26" ITP mudlite XTR's
ITP Black Delta rims
2500lb Mile Marker Winch
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com