Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a good deal for this quad must see  (Read 3322 times)
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2007, 06:00:10 PM »

click on this link to see this bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300099925675&rd=1,1
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:36:38 PM by redneck4x4chad » Logged

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 08:57:40 PM »

Calm down and save some more money. You will be VERY dissapointed if you buy a Warrior. Get a Z400/KFX400/DVX400 or at the very least a 400EX. If you get a Warrior mark my words you will out grow it quickly and be sorry you bought it. Then you will be like everyone else trying to sell one you won't be able to give it away.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »

Warriors make very good trail bikes. When pushed they just can't hang with the newer 400/450. If it is as good in person as in the ad and you could pick it up for less than 2k. It will make a good trail bike.
Any majors repairs, shocks,trans etc and it's no longer a good deal. $3500 can get you a nice Z400.
I had two Warriors both where very reliable but the suspension is much better on the Z400.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »

Dude he is correct. That is a good deal and do get us wrong the warrior is a great bike. Its very dependable and the aftermarket is huge. But there is very little you can do to them without spending thousands that is going to make it keep up with a 400. You gotta think yamaha really didnt change that thing since the 80's so even if you had a wad of cash to drop on mods your still trying to make a heavy outdated bike keep up with modern technology. And when I said mods I just ment engine. If you start droping cash on suspension and all that you mind as well have went and bought a 08 YFZ or 450R. Just save your cash and try to get a 400. You will thank us when you fly by that guy on the warrior on the track...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:32 PM »

Yes, shocks are big $$$. My last Warrior had Ohins shocks. It could hang with the 400s on twisted trails well but once wide open my Warrior was toast......

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »

I gotta say when my YFZ is down, I ride ole' dependable. And I will give many a run for their money. You can't kill them. They don't have great suspension, but they do have one of the most comfortable seats ever! Instant throttle response, too. The only thing is you will think you are going fast, but you really are not Sad
Very dependable and if you can get that one for under $1,500, I say good deal. You may have to do the bearings. Ask the seller as many questions as you can. It's in St Pete, maybe you can go look at it.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 11:05:16 PM »

they are nice bikes i love riding my friends but i would get a 400ex i sold my 2000 400ex for 2000 and it was and still is a very clean bike

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
xr100racer

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »

Dude he is correct. That is a good deal and do get us wrong the warrior is a great bike. Its very dependable and the aftermarket is huge. But there is very little you can do to them without spending thousands that is going to make it keep up with a 400. You gotta think yamaha really didnt change that thing since the 80's so even if you had a wad of cash to drop on mods your still trying to make a heavy outdated bike keep up with modern technology. And when I said mods I just ment engine. If you start droping cash on suspension and all that you mind as well have went and bought a 08 YFZ or 450R. Just save your cash and try to get a 400. You will thank us when you fly by that guy on the warrior on the track...

did they change much on the banshee to keep up with new bikes? the warrior's 2 valve motor was never meant to go fast, just a reliable trail bike

and when do you see a warrior on a track?  Laugh
GENERAL-Z
Supreme Member

ya i got one

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:04:19 PM »

look at the pic of the fender with the warning label on it, does it look like there is a broken bracket or somthing?

2002 blaster pro circuit pipe,works shocks,new head an piston,just broke in an quick

2000 honda fourtrax currently in pieces

1984 chevy scottsdale 1500 4x4 4inch lift 6.2l diesel 95000 original miles 20mpg city 23 hwy
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »

I gotta say when my YFZ is down, I ride ole' dependable. And I will give many a run for their money. You can't kill them. They don't have great suspension, but they do have one of the most comfortable seats ever! Instant throttle response, too. The only thing is you will think you are going fast, but you really are not Sad
Very dependable and if you can get that one for under $1,500, I say good deal. You may have to do the bearings. Ask the seller as many questions as you can. It's in St Pete, maybe you can go look at it.

Yeah dude were not bashing it. Its just that when they compare it to a 400ex or z400 it gets a bit slower. There great bikes that you cant hardly kill. But if he is planning to go ride with 400s then its not a good decision.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
2strokinIt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 10:27:47 PM »

i would have to say yes to the broken bracket....it happened on my banshee....no big deal at all.....
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 07:39:47 AM »

did they change much on the banshee to keep up with new bikes? the warrior's 2 valve motor was never meant to go fast, just a reliable trail bike

and when do you see a warrior on a track?  Laugh
Klutchbuster used to ride his old warrior on the track I think.

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com