Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: got banshee..got questions  (Read 4267 times)
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2007, 07:20:38 PM »

just picked a 2000 banshee up..no manual given to me though..so i wanted to know if you guys use premium gas with the mix or just regular?..and have any of you used gas treatment to clean the carbs out a little bit..or fuel additive? suggestions? thanx
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 07:22:46 PM »

Use 93 octane and mix it 32:1...To clean the carbs just take the carbs of and spray carb cleaner.Take them apart and clean the jets too.Also always have your air filter clean.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »

short of removing the carbs for cleaning..can i use an additive/gas treatment from my local advance auto?
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 08:02:30 PM »

To tell you the truth I would not do it.Never on my banshee.I would just take of my carbs and clean them...Trust me its really easy I used to not know anything except what I read and one day I just decided to take them off and clean them and just took the carbs apart so I can see the jets and stuff and Now I know its stupid easy.It ran much better also.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 08:14:56 PM »

ya i was just wondering if anyone had done it..i can take em off..but first i really want to ride it and see how it runs..it just is sort of odd..heres the situation..it started right up when i bought it and the engine was cold..so i get home and i go to start it and it just wouldn't..so i pulled the plugs and they were wet..earlier in the day the owner said he never fouled a plug..so i figured he had never changed them because he said he never rode the bike really..so we cleaned the plugs and it finally started..now the gas has been in their from the owner..and he said it was almost empty (and it was) and i have yet to add new gas to the bike..maybe his gas has been sitting there for a while.. so its not as functional? and the wierd thing is the choke..it stays in when you pull it out to start it cold..it just sucks itself back in without touching it..it will stay sometimes but other times it just pulls back in..i think that has something to do with the hard starting..once i got it started i rode around my block and it idled good..sounded like a small boat motor..haha..because its stock except the boost bottle and vforce 3's..any other suggestion 06banshee?
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »

o ya..i am going out to buy new plugs tomorrow and i cleaned the air box..its was nasty in their..but it has a K&N filter with some cover thing over it..so the filter was very clean and i just cleaned the cover thing..BTW how do i clean the K&N? for in the future
#32YammiMan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »

supposed to use k&n filter cleaner and re-oil it, they sell a kit at autozone
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »

ok..i have the k&n oil..spray stuff so i used some of it..thanx
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 08:29:05 PM »

Well Maybe some of the banshee pros on here can help you.But for wet plugs I know that means your rich.Check your mian jet sizes just to see whats in there.Also check and see what pilot you have in there just so you can know.So you probably go down on the main jet sizes.Try cleaning your carbs.And yes put some fresh 93 octane gas with oil in there.Is the gas like all the way to the bottom?Because when mines all the way to the bottom that you can see the curve It wont turn on at all.But drain out all your old gas and put new gas.Hopefully KB or cutngrs or dynodon come in and help a little more because they know alot more than me about banshees.lol
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 08:30:41 PM »

Another thing check you compression.Man I cant even think right now im so hungry and tired lol
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

sounds good thanx for the help
KB

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 04:44:27 PM »

Buy your K&N cleaner at Advance, the bottle of cleaner & bottle of oil come in a box called "K&N Recharger"
don't use anything else.

I mix my oil @ 50:1 w/ a good oil like Klotz or Maxima "Castor927"(have been for years,smells good too)
Yamalube is a very good oil also.

I would still take my carbs off & clean them, it's not hard to do & who knows when it was done last ?

Do away w/ your T.O.R.S.

www.bansheehq.com will help you out a lot too.

a compression gauge is a good tool to have as well, from Advance for less than $50.00

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 04:46:06 PM by KB » Logged
KB

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 04:49:07 PM »

Well Maybe some of the banshee pros on here can help you.Hopefully KB or cutngrs or dynodon come in and help a little more because they know alot more than me about banshees.lol

I know maybe 10% of what they know about banshees if that, LOL, there in a whole different league, but they will probably help you out too.
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »

well you have some good ideas..thanx man
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 02:10:42 PM »

takin the carbs off a shee is easy.not like my quad i have to take the tank off just to get to the carb.my son can have his off his shee cleaned and put back on before i even get mine off.

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
bigwake

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »

haha..i'm going to check the compression first and then see how things are
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com