Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Yamaha ATV Mechanics On Here?(07 Grizzly 660)  (Read 1537 times)
Old Grizzly

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:28:18 PM »

I just started having a sputtering problem with my grizzly about 3-4 month ago.When i take it through deep water the thing starts to sputterbut not all the time.Could this be a steam issue where the water hits the hot engine and creates steam and the intake suck in the steam and sputters.Please help its driving me nuts.The dealer cant find anything wrong but then again the dealer does not have a deeper water hole in the parking lot.Now when i say deep im only talking 2.5 feet not covering the 4 wheeler.Do you think a snorkel would help.
Thanks Evil
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:58 PM »

I'm thinking you just have a bad spark plug cap or wire. Inspect the cap for hair line cracks.
Take a garden hose to the spark plug and wire while it's running and see what happens.

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Old Grizzly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 07:59:32 AM »

Cool ill try that tonight but the funny thing is that i have a rally 200 that does the same thing only it shuts down if you hit the water to fast any more ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com