Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: eiger is now a airboat  (Read 4693 times)
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 09, 2007, 05:35:02 PM »

well to make a long story short, jrpro kevvoo and i all rode out at macs and the water was deep.  after sinking my bike to get water in the oil i got un lazy and re ran my snorkles to make them work.  bike is almost 100% waterproof now and everything cost under $50

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »

I thought I was going to open this topic and see a ATV mutated into an airboat Cheesy

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:11:20 AM »

well to make a long story short, jrpro kevvoo and i all rode out at macs and the water was deep.  after sinking my bike to get water in the oil i got un lazy and re ran my snorkles to make them work.  bike is almost 100% waterproof now and everything cost under $50

You guys went down the boatramp? WOW..Just rode there last night, but did it on the AWESOME east side. Wink

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
06 BaNsHeE
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 07:15:38 AM »

jackl was the east side worth the risk?I think im going to go on a 4x4 next weekend or the one after that
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »

I can verify, matt's bike is definetly airboat status.  He was keeping up with the big bores up until he got water in the airbox. 

We ran his snorkels, everything works great, so he should be able to go everywhere we go now.  I'm not snorkeled, but my factory snorkels are very high in the plastics (I can go up to about my front rack safely.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 09:16:36 AM »

jackl was the east side worth the risk?I think im going to go on a 4x4 next weekend or the one after that

I would not consider doing it on the weekend during the day, I don't know the penalty so I can't really say if it is worth the risk.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »

I would not consider doing it on the weekend during the day, I don't know the penalty so I can't really say if it is worth the risk.

FWC says, 'We will take your bike and you will be arrested for tresspassing'.  They advised us not to cross the street and gave us that warning.  It's not worth the risk at all.

08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:36:21 AM »

FWC says, 'We will take your bike and you will be arrested for tresspassing'.  They advised us not to cross the street and gave us that warning.  It's not worth the risk at all.

I can't imagine them keeping the bike or even giving much more than a TP ticket, but I wouldn't risk it based on what anyone says (including me) on these forums!! I have been hitting it for as long as I can remember, and like always..how you treat the officer plays a BIG part in what may happen.
When people start pulling wheelstands up and down Krome it does get very hot there and a place to avoid for sure, and those tools from the track will call if they know you are back there.

Real shame so many people will never see this except in pictures. It was one of my favorite spots before they closed it..

EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »

^^^that sucks there are really good trails on the south side of the street

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:20:54 PM »

Yea, how you treat the officer is all of it. 

At first the officer that talked to us was kinda 'militant', but after a minute he realized we were just a bunch of good ole boys getting dirty and he lightened up real quick.  He told us he cuaght some 'stupid kids' doing wheelstands up on krome and they were trying to cross the street.  It is totally dependent on how you treat the officer.

We were at HL when it was closed, we were riding east of the closed signs and the officer came up to us and stopped us.  he was pretty rude at first, but after a minute he was telling us stories and showing us his 'tools of the trade' and BS'ing with us.  He just wanted to make sure we didn't do anything illigal.  He was telling us times of the day they patrol areas and stuff...pretty nice!!! 

My experience with FWC has all been positive, I never ever have had a problem with them.  Even on the boat (holiday park) they are so cool.  I even had a weapon on me and the officer was just like, 'Oh cool, do you shoot a lot?'.  Haha, it's just kind of funny how your demeanor plays a HUGE role in what happens.

Same ont he street with tickets...it's all your demeanor.  I have pulled people doing 30+over and not given them tickets (police internship) and at the same token I have pulled for blinkers and got felony arrests for certain things on them.  Just funny how it works.

08 Brute 750
EigerGuy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:19 AM »

hey matt can u post pics of ur bike snorkled and how ya did it thanx

02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 08:57:46 AM »

Yea, how you treat the officer is all of it. 

Same ont he street with tickets...it's all your demeanor.  I have pulled people doing 30+over and not given them tickets (police internship) and at the same token I have pulled for blinkers and got felony arrests for certain things on them.  Just funny how it works.

It really isn't funny, more pathetic IMO. Heck, one time I got pulled over speeding over the turnpike bridges on McNab road and the very nice female BSO let me go with a warning, BUT ended up taking my very rude passenger with a major attitude against police to jail for obstruction. I couldn't believe it, no warrants or anything else. I will never understand why people want to antagonise someone who can ruin your day so bad...

hey matt can u post pics of ur bike snorkled and how ya did it thanx

I'd like to see that as well, even if it puts this thread back on topic...haha

crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 11:28:04 PM »

i would love to post pics of it snorkled but i dont now how  Sad   it is very very easy tho, all u need is spa hose lil bit of pvc and lil bit of time and wa bam its done  if u live local i wont mind if u wanna hook up we build it for u then we ride all three stacks come up in the front, i did not do it like everything esle with the tranny and motor out the back. how are those lifts you got?  i had perfeix ones and the  put a bad angle on my rear u joint and it broke my rear end off yours do the same thing? let me no i want 29.5 now

2008 brute force 750

Ynot0323
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 11:33:33 PM »

4x4matt..how did you seal all the joints on the PVC ?

Maybe i can have you take a look at my Kawasaki that has snorkels.. ( done by previous owner, and not sure if they are done correct )

tony
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 11:42:51 PM »

silicone, and pvc glue duct tape and zip ties and a lil beer that spilt when i was putting it together

2008 brute force 750

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »

BTW, I was the mastermind behind this project and another bike (Brute Force 750).  They both came out great!

I have 12hrs into the brute (it's pure perfection except for a missed glue spot) and about 2hrs into the eiger.  They both look great, we'll have to see how they perform now.

The brute is down for the count, his winch controller got wet and started drawing .04V (shorted out) and we think it has killed it's 2nd battery.  I think we fixed the problem, but I can't really tell right now.

08 Brute 750
Ynot0323
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »

the only problem i have with my kawasaki is that you must remove the pvc to gain access to my spark plug.. any ideas on how to avoid this ?

4x4Matt, where r u located at ? Maybe you can take a look at my bike and see if it is done the right way..

Tony
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 04:08:13 PM »

broward county but i do ride 157 and 8th street and macks fish camp alot

2008 brute force 750

jrpro130
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 12:10:00 AM »

no more 8th street bubba

08 Brute 750
crom A zone
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:33 AM »

why not?

2008 brute force 750