Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miami Dade County the first to past the law..........  (Read 14214 times)
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2007, 09:18:57 AM »

What???Where did you find this??? I live in Miami-Dade County and did not hear Dunno of this.

I work with local, state and Federal governments

Sorry ladies.........But the next thing should be address is the applying makeup in traffic! Angry

LMAO, I just have to ask after seeing this:

E-Mail Rumor Says Cell Phone Hands-Free Device Is Law
UPDATED: 8:27 am EDT August 14, 2007

MIAMI -- A new e-mail was circulating Monday that sent some cell phone users and motorists into a panic.

Did the local, state or federal government get duped, or was it you personally?

I guest use have more gargage to chew now......... huh! 

Pop!.....  (the sound of Jack removing his foot out of his mouth)   Wink 

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
buzzardman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »

The part that just simply amazes the hell out me is the people who blindly give up their personal controls and freedoms to place it in the hands of the government thinking that the government is going to take care of them.  I am in complete disbelief as to how easily humans can be Herded like sheep or cattle.   It's such a double edge sword to give the government more power and control over our everyday lives.

I should be a mountain man hermit I guess.  I'l have a nice herd of humans in my coral that will cut my winter's wood supply. LOL
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

What???Where did you find this??? I live in Miami-Dade County and did not hear Dunno of this.

I work with local, state and Federal governments

Sorry ladies.........But the next thing should be address is the applying makeup in traffic! Angry

LMAO, I just have to ask after seeing this:

E-Mail Rumor Says Cell Phone Hands-Free Device Is Law
UPDATED: 8:27 am EDT August 14, 2007

MIAMI -- A new e-mail was circulating Monday that sent some cell phone users and motorists into a panic.

Did the local, state or federal government get duped, or was it you personally?

I guest use have more gargage to chew now......... huh! 

Pop!.....  (the sound of Jack removing his foot out of his mouth)   Wink 

You know me, and you guest right.

Seriously buddy, I know you are a totally honest and above board business man, and I am not questioning your integrity, I am just explaining what this might look like.

IF Sprint/Nextel ACTUALLY sent you this unenforceable regulation in light of:

316.0075  Operator use of commercial mobile radio services and electronic communications devices.--Regulation of operator or passenger use of commercial mobile radio services and other electronic communications devices in a motor vehicle is expressly preempted to the state.

...as some sort of sales incentive or promotion idea, I have to say it smells like deceptive business practice and some sort of scare tactics. LMAO, who is the master of scare tactics round here...

You should really consider shooting them an email and tell them to stop promoting that pretty old regulation
because it can make the dealer look like they are trying something not entirely above board, and not the victim of a hoax email.

BTW: I might just have written that very email hoax. Wink

If you had me so clearly nailed at something like this, you would probably actually claim that!! haha

You would have got a lot more respect from me and everyone else if you manned up and admitted you fell for it, and apologised for posting this dumb thing in the first place. Now you leave me wondering if you thought everyone here was dumb, and you could get some sales out of this, or if you are just dumb enough to post a unsubstantiated spam...?

The only way out of this one for you I see now is a copy of the email, (and reply) you will be sending to corporate reaming them out for having a guy on a forum questioning you about this junk they sent. I suppose you could also delete the thread and I won't bring it up again, well sticking to this story or manning up are in there also..Huh

C-ya.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »

Jack, get off your soap box......

I posted this to help people and not to sell stuff on the site. Second Nextel sells very few phone that are bluetooth. third our business is more two way radios and internet base then selling cellular phone. So please move on and stop the personal attack on me!

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2007, 10:21:09 AM »

Look whatever, I don't see any personal attack in there. You did help the site to get a laugh, so mission accomplished.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 10:23:31 AM »

JackL,

One more post in this thread and you are banned. Stop attacking other members.

Here's just one example of many in your posts.

"Now you leave me wondering if you thought everyone here was dumb, and you could get some sales out of this, or if you are just dumb enough to post a unsubstantiated spam...?"

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
Able

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 03:53:22 PM »

Jack, get off your soap box......

I posted this to help people and not to sell stuff on the site. Second Nextel sells very few phone that are bluetooth. third our business is more two way radios and internet base then selling cellular phone. So please move on and stop the personal attack on me!

no personal attack just facts.

by your own admission you posted false information as if it was a public service announcement to generate more business for yourself. Guess we should all be weary of who we believe and evaluate their motives before giving them any credit. I personally would have thought higher of you if you had just been duped as opposed to lying to us to sell you wares all in the name of profit.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2007, 12:10:03 AM »

you seriously think he did that to sell more crap on here? yall need to get a life. go ride or somethin. maybe go hug a tree. we dont need people that just want to argue and attack people all the time ridin.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2007, 09:22:20 AM »

You have to question Big-D's motives.  I proved it was bad information with my post regarding Florida Statute 316.0075.  Next, somebody posted a link to NBC6 - Miami where they also confirmed it was a hoax started from a computer at Miami-Dade government (lady says her computer was hacked - yeah, right).  Big-D then attempted to perpetuate the rumor by posting a purported email received from Sprint.  If there is any validity to the contents of the email, it is probably a draft of the proposed legislation that generated, and thus nullified by, F.S. 316.0075.  The evidence was already overwhelming that it was a hoax so for what purpose was his efforts?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »

Able, Cain or what even you call your self today.  If you think that I started this post to make a profit you,re so wrong it makes me laugh. Now what I,m I selling to make a profit?

Its the other way around, I have sold at no profit or giving stuff away just out of helping someone on this site. Can you say the same? Nope! You just come on here to start trouble or bash our member.

Thanks Fox, I'm glad someone has some common sense around here.

Digginfool, its a Local law not a state law. Just go to the link, section 30 hit more a couple of time till you get to 30-421. Or do you think the whole web site is a hoax?

Well off to the beach for a BBQ and a little swim.

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »

Read F.S. 316.0075 again; the state has sole authority to pass such laws.  Local ordinances are specifically superceded.  I don't care if it's a Miami-Dade ordinance or not; it is un-enforceable and this has already been proven a hoax.  Why do you insist on claiming this is true?  Are you trying to save face or something?  In the same manner as the Miami-Dade ordinance preempts municipal ordinances covered by that section, F.S. 316.0075 preempts Sec. 30-421.  Yours is a moot argument.  Furthermore, you are specifically offering Bluetooth devices for sale while you perpetuate this proven hoax.  So, what are your motives?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:04:56 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2007, 05:18:38 PM »

hahahahaha.......the bluetooth devices post was me joking with scooter! man get a grip on life, it looks to me you're have a heart attack over this. Wait a minute..........  "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."    Wink 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2007, 06:21:06 PM »

I guess you're right.... You did manage to pull me down to your level!   Shocked  Thankfully, I don't have to worry about being stuck there with you.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »

You have to question Big-D's motives.  I proved it was bad information with my post regarding Florida Statute 316.0075.  Next, somebody posted a link to NBC6 - Miami where they also confirmed it was a hoax started from a computer at Miami-Dade government (lady says her computer was hacked - yeah, right).  Big-D then attempted to perpetuate the rumor by posting a purported email received from Sprint.  If there is any validity to the contents of the email, it is probably a draft of the proposed legislation that generated, and thus nullified by, F.S. 316.0075.  The evidence was already overwhelming that it was a hoax so for what purpose was his efforts?

has the thought ever crossed your mind that he got this email and just thought it was legit and wanted to help some people out? what if it was real and you hadnt known? youd have got a ticket if you were seen talkin on a phone. i guess you just dont understand trying to help a brother out. if i had got that email i wouldda posted it here for all to see too. mighta saved someone a ticket. or saved a life. think bout it.
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2007, 09:19:29 PM »

I guess you're right.... You did manage to pull me down to your level!   Shocked  Thankfully, I don't have to worry about being stuck there with you.

Hi, Jack..........another screen name huh Wink 

PS: miami dade police dept just place an order on www.myradiomall.com for 1500 T305 bluetooth car kit.

oh, Did I tell you Jack that the WORLDS largest motorola store.

Thanks again Fox for the support...........off I go to do some night fishing.........nite nite 

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2007, 09:40:40 PM »

Big-D, you really should stop.  M-D ordering Bluetooths is meaningless; Bluetooth technology is used for more than just cell phones.  Besides, read this from your posting:

(b)   Notwithstanding, this section shall not prohibit use of a cellular telephone by:
(i)   Any law enforcement, public safety or police officers, emergency services officials, first aid, emergency medical technicians and personnel, or any fire safety officials in the performance of duties arising out of and in the course of their employment as such

The ordinance doesn't apply to law enforcement personnel anyway.  What credence does their purchase give your argument?  Give it up, man.  It was a hoax!  No amount of banter from you will change the obvious.  Here's something else that should be obvious; I'm not Jack.  If I was, don't you think I would be buried in Paul's mudpit up at the MotorPlex after our 'little' go around a couple months ago?  No, I'm my own person and the people that have met me know who I am, which is more than you can say.

big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 08:02:07 AM »

Big-D, you really should stop.  M-D ordering Bluetooths is meaningless; Bluetooth technology is used for more than just cell phones.  Besides, read this from your posting:

(b)   Notwithstanding, this section shall not prohibit use of a cellular telephone by:
(i)   Any law enforcement, public safety or police officers, emergency services officials, first aid, emergency medical technicians and personnel, or any fire safety officials in the performance of duties arising out of and in the course of their employment as such

The ordinance doesn't apply to law enforcement personnel anyway.  What credence does their purchase give your argument?  Give it up, man.  It was a hoax!  No amount of banter from you will change the obvious.  Here's something else that should be obvious; I'm not Jack.  If I was, don't you think I would be buried in Paul's mudpit up at the MotorPlex after our 'little' go around a couple months ago?  No, I'm my own person and the people that have met me know who I am, which is more than you can say.

meaningless?  1500 units! dang that paid the gas bill on the boat for this weekend. Look when I get back, I'll pm you and we can meet somewhere and have a beer or lunch.  Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 12:29:12 PM »

Hey, Big-D!  Is that your rig pictured in your sig?  Nice set up.  I've got a 2001 Superduty with an 8" lift and 37" ProComp Extreme AT.  My family and I love the outdoors.  We go 4-wheeling, fishing, camping every chance we get.  If you live in the South Florida area, maybe we can get together sometime.  My kids are 11 (girl), 9 (boy) and 3 (girl).  We live in Coral Springs.  PM me if you would like to get together to ride the quads or hit some trails in the trucks.  I also own land in Suburban Estates and getting ready to buy in River Ranch.

ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 01:15:27 PM »

I can vouch for Diggin.......he's a real human

He brought the dump truck to the last Holey Lands Cleanup  Clapper

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »

I can vouch for Diggin.......he's a real human

He brought the dump truck to the last Holey Lands Cleanup  Clapper

Cool!  Thanks Scooter

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
big-daddy
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 03:57:33 PM »

Hey, Big-D!  Is that your rig pictured in your sig?  Nice set up.  I've got a 2001 Superduty with an 8" lift and 37" ProComp Extreme AT.  My family and I love the outdoors.  We go 4-wheeling, fishing, camping every chance we get.  If you live in the South Florida area, maybe we can get together sometime.  My kids are 11 (girl), 9 (boy) and 3 (girl).  We live in Coral Springs.  PM me if you would like to get together to ride the quads or hit some trails in the trucks.  I also own land in Suburban Estates and getting ready to buy in River Ranch.

You got a PM....... Wink

2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 08:21:23 PM »

Kiss

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
bruteforceski

THANK GOD ITS MONDAY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 08:38:32 PM »

We will lose our rights to bare arms any day now, first its cell phones, then its guns, then we will only be allowed to enjoy recreation, on certain days of the week, then Hilary we be elected, then its all over.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 08:44:20 PM by bruteforceski » Logged
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2007, 01:20:43 PM »

We will lose our rights to bare arms any day now, first its cell phones, then its guns, then we will only be allowed to enjoy recreation, on certain days of the week, then Hilary we be elected, then its all over.

pretty much.
crom A zone
Supreme Member

you all wish you where me

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2007, 02:08:11 PM »

can u put your phone and speaker phone and use it that way so u dont have to look gay with that thing in your ear???    and i think it is stupied idea the hati people and the cubens and all the others that cant speak english that dont drive they way they should are a bigger problem that talking ona phone. (everyone who thinks they can get on me    no that is not a racist comment numbers show hati people and aliens have the highst number of accidents)   they beat out the old people by like 20 %

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com