Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing Classes/Rules Questions  (Read 3308 times)
AndyH5212

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2007, 01:25:53 PM »

I just picked up a LTR450, and I was thinking about giving ThunderBowl a shot.  Can some one send me a link to the racing classes/rules?  Is there a knobby class?  Thanks.

Andy
slim2

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 01:45:45 PM »

you can go to southern flat track league and see their rules for they are about the same Brady can tell you any diff.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 06:10:11 PM »

I just picked up a LTR450, and I was thinking about giving ThunderBowl a shot.  Can some one send me a link to the racing classes/rules?  Is there a knobby class?  Thanks.

Andy

Well come on out! Your LT450 needs very little to be made competitive for flat track and TT racing.

Here's a rundown of the classes we currently run for Flat Track and TT racing.

PEE WEE A & B- For the lil' kids

YOUTH- Ages 11 - 15, up to 400cc. No 250R, Banshee, LT250R, etc. This class is for kids with Blasters, 400EX's, Z400's and such.

NOVICE- This the "beginner" class. Any quad, any rider, no CC limit. This class is for new racers. 

SPORTSMAN- This is a class for bikes up to 400cc for adults and older teens. It is intended to let the smaller bikes not have run against the 450's and fast 2 strokes. 250R's and Banshee's can run this class, but they must be COMPLETELY STOCK- NO ENGINE OR PIPE MODS- SUSPENSION MODS ONLY. The 4 strokes can have engine mods, but any obviously faster big bore type bikes will be re-classed. 

INTERMEDIATE- Any quad, any rider, no cc limit. Most riders in this class are 16 to late 20's and have previous riding experience.

OPEN- Any bike, any rider, no cc limit. This class is for experienced riders only.

VET LIGHT- Ages 33 and up. Any bike, no cc limit. This class is intended to be a "beginner" type vet class for the older guys who want to give racing a try.

VET HEAVY- Ages 33 and up. Any bike, no cc limit. This class is for the faster, more experienced vets.

LADIES LIGHT- Any bike, no cc limit. This class is a "beginner" type ladies class for the ladies who want to give racing a try.

LADIES HEAVY- Any bike, no cc limit. This class is for the faster, more experienced ladies.

This a basic rundown of the class descriptions. The basic rules for Thunderbowl are very similar to the Southern Flat Track League's. The TT rules are a little different. To run at Thunderbowl you will need safety gear, a tether kill switch, number plates, etc., just like any other form of racing. There is no knobby tire class, flat track tires only. I am a dealer for Hoosier, American Racer, and Duro tires. I actually have a very good, used set of flat track tires and wheels that fit your Suzuki for sale, PM me if you're interested or if you have any specific questions. The best thing to do would be come to a race, listen in on a drivers meeting, and watch the racing.
Thanks
Brady   
yamamama

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:49:27 PM »

Are these new rules?

Lauren #1
2007 SFTL Ladies Class Champion
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:43:32 AM »

I think Vet heavy should be for 250 lbs and up. Laugh

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »

I think Vet heavy should be for 250 lbs and up. Laugh

O.K.....   what would that change? all the same people would still be racing! Roll Eyes

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 12:29:04 PM »

Shut up skinny. Cursing

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Rolling on the Floor Laughing

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com