Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golfer Killed After Golf Cart Plunges Off Cliff!!! ban those golf carts!!!!!!!  (Read 2729 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:10:28 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,274872,00.html
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »

I bet he wasn't even wearing the regulation Plaid!!
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:09 AM »

Glad I never took up golf.  Now as long as I don't retire as a real estate broker, I might be aBLE TO RIDE MY atv.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:19:25 AM »

Yeah, those guys should be wearing helmets for sure. I wonder if this incident just made golf surpass ATV's on the sports safety chart.

My condolences to the victim, what a crappy way to go.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 05:17:38 PM »

The golf cart traveled down a 25-foot embankment, first and then off the cliff. Sounds like Darwin's Theory at work here. Too old to jump off, but, not too old for golf? They should require a golfer's safety course, parachutes and flotation devices. And, how about those personal injuries and property damage caused by errant golf balls, thrown golf clubs an, litter and emissions from all of those gas-powered golf carts all over this country!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 05:21:47 PM by AintSkeered » Logged

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:24:29 PM »

The golf cart traveled down a 25-foot embankment, first and then off the cliff. Sounds like Darwin's Theory at work here. Too old to jump off, but, not too old for golf? They should require a golfer's safety course, parachutes and flotation devices. And, how about those personal injuries and property damage caused by errant golf balls, thrown golf clubs an, litter and emissions from all of those gas-powered golf carts all over this country!

LMAO!! One time on top of the dike at the Holeylands I thought I was in neutral.....glad we don't have cliffs in Florida.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
backinsaddle

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »

My parents live in The Villages, a golf cart retirement community near Ocala, they have their own hospital, the most emergencies they see are from men driving their golf carts too fast (often sooped up to go faster) around corners and their wives falling off.  I kid you not, this was in the village paper a year or two ago.  They now have cops in golf carts taking radar enforcing the speed limit of 20 mph

By the way, everytime I visit, I see those 23 or so golf course they have, and I think night run on the quads  Wink
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 07:29:35 AM »

My parents live in The Villages, a golf cart retirement community near Ocala, they have their own hospital, the most emergencies they see are from men driving their golf carts too fast (often sooped up to go faster) around corners and their wives falling off.  I kid you not, this was in the village paper a year or two ago.  They now have cops in golf carts taking radar enforcing the speed limit of 20 mph

By the way, everytime I visit, I see those 23 or so golf course they have, and I think night run on the quads  Wink

I like the way you think!! I've woke up dreaming of sand traps and green green grass myself a few times.  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com