Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here they ago again - blaming atvs for fire....  (Read 2965 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »

I was watching this video that Jack had listed, and you know I could just jump threw my computer, and ring that reporters neck.  Forestry officials, well we know this was caused by an all terrain vehichle.  Oh really, now just how in the hell do you know that. 

By the way Jack, thanks for the great video.  I had really not paid too much attention, for I thought the fires where on the south side of the alley, so thank you very much for the update.  Do or anyone else know if the camps are okay out there?

Here's the video....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1478010665295274887&hl=en

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:30:08 PM »

I wish I could get some pictures of the plume of smoke over the city right now. It looks awesome with some nice colors. It is raining sawgrass ash at my house right now.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »

That fire is still going on?  I live up in the Tampa area and its really smokey right now, perhaps the winds brought the smoke all the way up here? Huh I would ring that reporters neck also, shes just trying to get the good story and look good.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »

See, smokey Undecided

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »

More video coming if stupid google would take it. I wish someone could host the giant original HDTV files, or any of the better conversions on it's way to google video.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 08:59:57 PM »

The Ft Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel said the fire was caused from an electrical malfunction on a swamp buggy west of the Miami Canal.  It was NOT blamed on an ATV.  The fire started on Monday and jumped the canal yesterday while the winds were blowing from the southwest.

"The fire began Monday on the west side of the Miami Canal, sparked by an electrical malfunction on a swamp buggy. Forestry officials said the fire was accidental. Firefighters had been battling that fire, but on Wednesday night, a spot fire moved across the canal."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-419alligator,0,5044455.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 09:02:12 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »

The Ft Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel said the fire was caused from an electrical malfunction on a swamp buggy west of the Miami Canal.  It was NOT blamed on an ATV.  The fire started on Monday and jumped the canal yesterday while the winds were blowing from the southwest.

"The fire began Monday on the west side of the Miami Canal, sparked by an electrical malfunction on a swamp buggy. Forestry officials said the fire was accidental. Firefighters had been battling that fire, but on Wednesday night, a spot fire moved across the canal."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-419alligator,0,5044455.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

If you watch the first or next video i am posting, you will hear the reporter say they charge you $$$ for fighting it.
Stupid google video takes forever to 'approve' your posts.grrrrr

Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 11:30:14 PM »

all the cars in my driveway are white. from the ashes. GREAT lol.

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
dreth

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 07:39:04 AM »

cancer is our fault Roll Eyes
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 08:39:14 AM »

Video installment number two. Great stuff, gotta lov CH 7!!

The clock ticks away for the fire ride... See ya there.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9163067364143153902&hl=en

Ping pong anyone?? Smiley
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:51:57 AM by JackL » Logged

jpease

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 01:24:42 AM »

That fire is still going on?  I live up in the Tampa area and its really smokey right now, perhaps the winds brought the smoke all the way up here? Huh I would ring that reporters neck also, shes just trying to get the good story and look good.

I heard on the local tampa news the smoke we are getting is coming from Ga fire.

Source > http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2007/4/20/240869.html

A wildfire burning in Georgia have affected the Bay area as smoke from the fires has been pushed south into Citrus, Hernando and even parts of Pasco counties.

The fires are burning near Waycross, located in south Georgia.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »

I heard on the news this morning that they are going to charge the guys w/the buggy the TOTAL bill for fighting that fire.  Hell, they don't fine you that hard if you intentionally set the fire.  Sure IF it was the buggy, that's bad, but it ain't like the poor souls went out to intentionally set the fire.  Could you have any idea what that's going to cost, that's b/s.  They are going to bankrupt these guys for an accident, and like I said IF they started the fire, it still was not intentional.

So consider this as a warning, if you happen to go riding in 3A aka Holey Lands, it just so happens a fire starts that day, you will more than likely be blamed, and you could lose everything.  Seems to me like a scare tactic. 

"Hey you know what, we can put an end to people riding out there, we will just start charging for putting out fires."  Big B/S!!!!

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
JackL
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:35:57 PM »

Fire was small anyway. I have some pictures from my failed attempt at a fire ride, but I'll bet the cost will be big for something nature causes all the time..
It will be in 'where to ride', along with my Macs pictures.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com