Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holeylands Today  (Read 5721 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:16 PM »

Was out to Holeylands today.  Still pretty soggy but it's getting there!  Managed to get a couple miles out on my Raptor before I was forced to turn around.  Can't wait!!  I think it's about time to trade the Raptor in for an Outlander 800...

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 08:59:34 PM »

Was out to Holeylands today.  Still pretty soggy but it's getting there!  Managed to get a couple miles out on my Raptor before I was forced to turn around.  Can't wait!!  I think it's about time to trade the Raptor in for an Outlander 800...

I was also out there today on my raptor 660 and my friend with his 700 and it was a blast... still soft but a lot of fun....we did a lot of miles to.....

LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:06:19 PM »

it's great for sliding the bike around and i was suprised on how far we were able to get on sport quadswith out get stuck. lots of fun today out there Grin
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »

it's great for sliding the bike around and i was suprised on how far we were able to get on sport quadswith out get stuck. lots of fun today out there Grin

Ohhh yeah fun no?Huh?? Throwing "showers" of mud to you friends?Huh? and how about that Big rock????wanted to kill me Uhhh?Huh No. No. No. No.

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »

I saw you guys out there.  I knew you were from this site when I saw your name on your flag.  I was out there with my friend on my wife's Prairie and my son on his black Apex.  I ride a white Raptor 660 and drive an F350 Crewcab with an 8" lift.  I must have seen you at least a half dozen times, both at the bridge and when I moved the truck down to the pump house.  It was a lot of fun out there, particularly the trail that parallels the levy on the south side.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
dirtyface

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »

I was out there yesterday and today rippin it on my outlander 800. love the power. Wink

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r
fastLANE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 06:47:38 PM »

Are they still enforcing the "flag" rule out there? I plan on going out there on sat and I want to know if I should bring mine and pick one up for my buddy that will be riding my other quad. Also, do dirt bikes need flags too?
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 07:27:41 PM »

Word has it that they are enforcing the flag rule.  When I was out there, everybody had one on.  I would imagine that even bikes need a flag but I don't know how far you expect to get in that kind of mud on two wheels.

pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 09:05:37 PM »

believe it or not it was good we have flags this weekend cause my friend (mx raptor 7r)
Almost get into a head on collision...... thanks to the flag he spotted the other rider and slow down so noone got hurt!!!!! i will use mine everytime

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 10:07:21 PM »

Flags are really very important out there.  I've always used mine.  There have been several situations where guys on the tracks have nearly run over people on quads because they can't see them.  Later in the season when you can get well out into the Everglades, there are places where the grass is 2-4 foot taller than your head.  Some guy blazing across there in his track machine would never see you until it was way too late. 

2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 11:22:45 PM »

I was out there sunday in my sons blazer. Wasnt brave enough to take it in the by our selves. We should be going back out soon with some friends and their jeeps. Look for a big blue blazer and come say hi.

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
ScooterB

Trying Not to Offend Anyone and Failing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 10:47:59 AM »

Are they still enforcing the "flag" rule out there? I plan on going out there on sat and I want to know if I should bring mine and pick one up for my buddy that will be riding my other quad. Also, do dirt bikes need flags too?

Per the FWC website listed under PUBLIC ACCESS & VEHICLES paragraph 12
"No person shall operate any all-terrain vehicle, motorized 2-wheeled vehicle or motorized 3-wheel vehicle unless it is equipped with an orange flag at least 10 inches wide and 12 inches long and displayed at a minium height of 6 feet above the top of the seat".

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA
Patriot

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 02:37:35 PM »

Can someone tell me how far it is to the pump station after the parking lot?
Is that where the trails are for sport bikes?
I have been there but only where there is so much traffic by the parking lot.

Thanks for the help
pelele

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:59:12 PM »

2nd pump is about 10 miles unpaved road after the 1st parking area....
is not just sport quads... is just a safer parking lot for your car paint.... (idiots doing donuts and stuff like that)

MuddyGirlatTheHump

Dirty Pretty Things!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »

We always park at the pump station. It is better for the kids, cars, bikes, sanity!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com