Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom  (Read 8092 times)
motoX941

Ride Hard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

Just wanting to no if you are aloud 2 ride 2 people on a quad at croom... and can you bring side by sides.. cant find no website with information

Motocross takes dedication if you don't have it then quit...
2005 crf250-stock
2003 pw80-stock
1986 trx70- new tires
Need a another quad
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:23:03 AM »

your not aloud to have 2 people but i see people doing it there all the time. (the guards will stop you for it though) Side by sides are not aloud atleast i've never seen one.
450rcrazy

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 05:31:48 AM »

no side by sides allowed only vehicles you straddle the seat to ride,riding two is allowed only if the bike was designed for two riders I think polaris is the only company producing one so far.It might be articat
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 06:44:08 AM »

no one will bother you if you ride 2
PaulH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 01:41:51 PM »

I saw two people double riding on a single seater ride right in front of, not one, but two of the park rangers.  They did nothing, as usual.

I think if you ride responsibly with helmets, nobody will say anything to you for riding double, but be advised, it is against the rules to double up unless the quad is built for two.
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 03:09:32 PM »

Please spare the rest of us and FOLLOW THE RULES!!!

Here is the link:
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/gwt/guide/regions/westcentral/trails/with_croom_motor.htm

A Croom Motorcycle Area brochure with complete rules should be picked up at the entrance gate. Some of the rules that one should be aware of prior to arriving include the following:

All area users must enter at the entrance located at I-75 and US98/SR50 behind the Holiday Inn.

A permit is required to ride within the motorcycle area. The permit must be displayed on the front of each motorcycle and ATV. Persons operating motorcycles and ATVs without a permit will be subject to expulsion and/or fine.

Permits will be issued for two wheel cycles and 3 and 4 wheel ATVs. ATVs must meet the following requirements:
a) wheelbase of less than 55 inches
b) width of less than 45 inches
c) total vehicle weight less than 500 lbs.
d) travel on 3 or 4 low pressure tires
e) has a seat that is designed to be straddled by operator

All motorcycles and ATVs will be required to have mufflers in accordance with the Florida Highway Patrol Handbook.

All riders will wear approved protective headgear designed for motorcycles and ATVs.

Pets are not permitted.

Firearms not permitted.

Alcoholic beverages prohibited.

Motorcycle/ATV operators under age 16 are required to have direct adult supervision.

All non-street legal vehicles are required to be hauled or trailered in and out of the Croom Motorcycle Area.

Access/Directions:

From Brooksville
Head east on US 98/SR 50 approximately 11 miles. The entrance is on the left, just before the I-75 overpass.

From I-75 (40 miles north of downtown Tampa)
Take Exit 61 (new Exit 301) to US98/SR50. Turn west (toward Brooksville). The entrance is on the right – northwest corner of the I-75 and US98/SR50 interchange. Look for the Holiday Inn as a landmark.

Contact Information:
Withlacoochee State Forest
Recreation/Visitors Center
15003 Broad Street
Brooksville, FL 34601-4201
352-754-6896
Withlacoochee State Forest website.
Florida Division of Forestry

Florida Trail Riders
407-264-0559

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 03:21:35 PM »

i do know that i have seen people riding double there but i do know that it is not allowed unless the ATV is built for two people. once you get back in the trails i do know that there is noone to say anything but i do have a feeling that once your headed back to parking area they can and will hem you arse if your not abiding by the rules. rules are rules and i dont like them as much as the next person but i will follow because i do enjoy riding there and dont want to ruin it for everyone else.

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »

How long till the ramp in the quarry area screws things up for us ya think?
PaulH

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

Until somebody gets hurt, of course.
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »

yeah i second that. only time will tell.

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 01:09:31 PM »

I got stopped one time and the ranger told me that the quad must be designed for a 2 people.   -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
rangeral

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2006, 06:55:17 PM »

Just to make things clear - riding double on a machine (bike, trike or quad ) built for one rider is not allowed. The rule is not always enforced because there are presently only two rangers assigned to the park and there is only so much they can do. Usually they just explain to folks what the rules are and trust them to do what is right. Most people are willing to follow the rules, especially where safety comes in.

As for the ramp, it has been taken down and cut  in pieces. Those who ride regularly at Croom have seen the ambulances and even helicopters that come to take injured riders to the hospital. Accidents happen and people will get hurt but the rangers try to do all that is possible to keep them at a minimum.

Just my two cents worth.

Rangeral
450rcrazy

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2006, 07:50:27 PM »

Rangeral are you a ranger at croom?I have talked to most rangers there while camping and all seem to be real nice and very fair about how they treat people,I do notice people riding way to fast through the camp ground (mainly little kids that arent being watched very closly by their parents)I wish there were some more rangers to watch the parking areas and campground to thin out the jack azzs who do donuts right next to little kids and my truck! there is a whole trail system and a huge pit for that type activity.
rangeral

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 08:21:57 PM »

Well, I'm sure you have noticed that wherever the ranger happens to be, things quiet down, but wherever the ranger isn't, people act up!   Grin

We could use more rangers at Croom but unfortunatelty it doesn't look like we will be getting any more anytime soon, although one new one is to be arriving Dec. 1st.

dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »

any news on the person air lifted out today?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com