Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any attorneys in the house  (Read 14074 times)
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 04:06:44 PM »

but your insurance will go up when your insurance company finds out-a seatbelt violation is a perfect example
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 04:20:47 PM »

non mooving violations do not put points on yer licsense I have had several non moving tickets and never got any points

Thanks, thats what I thought but wanted to verify. LOL

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »

I have a question. Is it possible to take a golf cart or UTV like a rhino or ranger, put turning signals and a horn on it considering there is already headlights and brake lights, and get a licence plate for it? Cause if that's possible my first car might be a Yamaha..just get a jeep
if you can drive golf carts on the sidewalk can you drive a rhino on the sidewalk
I drive ours around the neighborhood and sometimes to the store on the sidewalk. When I do though I drive at golf cart speeds and dont screw around. The day I get stopped I will get the officer to explain to me why I cant and the old blue hairs can.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2006, 07:26:31 AM »

Sorry I didn't go to a "real law school," I just have 18 years of experience as a law enforcement officer.

See, he hasn't even met me and he want's to mace me.

PBSO, that wasn't directed at you, that's for one of my other "peeps" who posts on here who went to a "less than famous" law school. Inside joke.

I'd much rather have your field experience to go off of, than someone who shuffles paper and stands in front of the judge.

Thanks for your input. I find your posts informative. Hopefully we'll be able to ride together some day.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2006, 08:26:22 AM »

PBSO......Mace him!!!!  He meant it!!  Can I watch,  Pleeeeez!! Evil
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2006, 08:40:38 AM »

PBSO......Mace him!!!!  He meant it!!  Can I watch,  Pleeeeez!! Evil

Gary, your lucky I don't know where you live, or I'd turn you into CRIMESTOPPERS for ripping off those mattress tags down at Rooms To Go when you thought no one was looking.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2006, 08:53:26 AM »

TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!.............
(jerry springer chant)

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »

TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!, TAZER!.............
(jerry springer chant)

Gimme $20.00 and I'll let you shock me with a tazer.  We can video it for YOUTUBE.COM.

It'll be bigger than "BUM FIGHTS"

SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

Well Rico, Im not an attorney, but I did play one on TV. Considering your past arrests for transporting uncircumcized circus mice accross state lines without permit and your keeping amphibious rodents within the city limits I  would think the video would be closer to Felony Fights than Bum Fights!

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2006, 10:06:20 AM »

Hey Rico,

I have to go by your house very time I go to RR so I am closer than you think Evil and I have been begging the police to taser me everyday but they wont do it...something about liability.  I even told them I could save them a fortune in coffee for that 1st thing in the morning jolt but they didn't bite...oh well...back to the coffee pot
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 10:12:11 AM by garym » Logged
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2006, 12:25:31 PM »

316.2074 requires minors under 16 to wear a helmet and eye protection. Because they are supposed to be under a licensed driver's supervision when operating on the roadways, I issue the person supervising a citation for the vioaltion, non-moving, $74.50 fine.

A Quad can be imponded from private property, as it was used in the commision of a crime and is evidence. Depending on the violators attitude, I may photograph it, record the VIN, and release it back to the owner. Guidlines vary between agencies.

On the street, I only impound quads used in a criminal offense, such as reckless driving or fleeing. Just like a car, you can be arrested and booked into the jail for reckless driving or fleeing and your car towed.

Sorry I didn't go to a "real law school," I just have 18 years of experience as a law enforcement officer.

Thanks for the info PBSO - good to know.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2006, 03:11:39 PM »

Is anyone going to answer my question? I want to know if it's really possible to make a rhino street legal. It seems like it'd work just like making a regular car street legal. Heck, they weigh about the same as a Honda insight and don't even go as fast.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2006, 03:32:54 PM »

Is anyone going to answer my question? I want to know if it's really possible to make a rhino street legal. It seems like it'd work just like making a regular car street legal. Heck, they weigh about the same as a Honda insight and don't even go as fast.

I believe it may be possible but you have to have, bumpers, windshield, wipers, mirrors, horn, lights, blinkers, brake lights, all d.o.t approved and D.O.T. approved tires and seatbelts. I could be wrong, but I remember reading this on a thread at highlifter or atvconnection.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Anoriginal

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 02:23:03 PM »

Here's the answers.

In Manatee County at least, there is nothing on the books allowing golf carts on the sidewalks. It's simply selective enforcement. However, in any given municipality the citizens can vote (usually via a commission) to permit certain motorized uses on the sidewalks and roadways. A prime example is Sun City Center in Ruskin, another is Boca Grande.

When Chillin gets pulled for driving the Rhino over to my house to deliver beer; I will be chomping at the bit to represent him when he declines to sign the ticket. Selective enforcement is unacceptable and legally improper.

I actually spoke to some folks in power in Manatee County about this issue. I was told the thinking was, "would you rather have them on the road in a car on on the sidewalk in a cart?". Hmmm.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »

Here's the answers.

In Manatee County at least, there is nothing on the books allowing golf carts on the sidewalks. It's simply selective enforcement. However, in any given municipality the citizens can vote (usually via a commission) to permit certain motorized uses on the sidewalks and roadways. A prime example is Sun City Center in Ruskin, another is Boca Grande.

When Chillin gets pulled for driving the Rhino over to my house to deliver beer; I will be chomping at the bit to represent him when he declines to sign the ticket. Selective enforcement is unacceptable and legally improper.

I actually spoke to some folks in power in Manatee County about this issue. I was told the thinking was, "would you rather have them on the road in a car on on the sidewalk in a cart?". Hmmm.

I wouldn't take legal advice from Anoriginal (aka Wade Blasingame)...this isn't his specialty. I'd only use him if I needed to sue a dog.

Here's his newest commercial.

You judge for yourself.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

Thats funny Rico

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2006, 08:53:42 AM »

Both ATV statute violations are non-moving, $74.50 fine.
Driving upon Sidewalks, 316.1995 is a moving violation, $118.50 fine.

The lesson here is stay on the swale.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com