Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Z400 auto-clutches  (Read 7897 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 26, 2006, 09:18:09 PM »

I just had a question about auto clutches with z400s. I've ridden a z400 and I fell in love with it. It was the first time I had ridden something other than my dads polaris or mine. But I hated the clutch thing. It would be good for competive racing but for trail riding and just riding I dont think its a good idea. Now this is not a which is better debate. I just wanted to know if there were auto clutches for the z400. I know a company called recluse or something makes one for the z250 but I wasnt sure about the 400.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »

Yes, they make them. They are for girls Grin.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »

Yes, here's their website/link for what you're looking for.  Give the clutch a try a while longer......You'll find it's not such a big deal at all and actually more beneficial.

http://stores.homestead.com/RekluseMotorsports/Categories.bok?category=z-Start+Clutches&searchpath=ac801f310e875f328f6b29&start=31&total=51

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36:52 PM »

Only reason I wont run a rekluse is because when you let off the throttle, there is no engine braking. I like to use that on entrys to the turns.

Also, the only time you really need to use the clutch is to get going. I rarely use mine unless I am powershifting with someone racing me and there is no time to let off the throttle.

If you must have the kit, its around $450.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
xr100racer

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 10:33:27 PM »

defiantly for girls
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 10:38:23 PM »

Come on, im not a racer. I dont even own this quad but I was looking into one and I just wouldnt like to screw with a clutch. If I was racing then defintley because I can see where it would be a tremendous help. I just wanted to know if they were made...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 10:43:39 PM »

the z400 clutch is the EASIEST thing out their to use, i learned how to use a clutch on that bike, if you ever get one just practice with it. Auto's are for lazy people Roll Eyes
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 11:10:18 PM »

autos suck. thats what is wrong with utes too. auto pieces of crap are for sissy girls. be a man and learn. it is really fun. i love the clutch thing. really easy. i learned or a race ready kx85. i mean race ready. hard to get used to...................for the first hour. that was the hardest bike i ever rode with a clutch too. it helps with learnin to drive a stick car too.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 11:25:45 PM »

Come on, im not a racer. I dont even own this quad but I was looking into one and I just wouldnt like to screw with a clutch. If I was racing then defintley because I can see where it would be a tremendous help. I just wanted to know if they were made...

No

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
BonesTM

Did I clear That?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 06:11:37 PM »

You guys can correct me if I am wrong but the z-start clutch from rekluse is not a full auto solution it just eliminates the need to use the clutch for starting and shifting. Also disengages the engine at idle speed. And if you use the clutch lever you completely overide the manual part. I am not sure about engine break though.

If your not living on the edge.....
   Well, your just taking up to much Space!
2005 Suzuki Z400, ProTaper, K&N Filter, ProArmor SwingArm Plate, ASV C5 Levers, Pro Armor Skid Plate, Maxxis Razars Rear, ITP Holeshot Front
2004 Yamaha 350 Bruin 4x4
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 08:45:30 PM »

I'll check with my neighbor, he has one for his little girl...she's 5.

Lisa, do you want the one that comes with the pink streamers that come out of the end of the grip?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 09:22:56 PM »

Yes, here's their website/link for what you're looking for.  Give the clutch a try a while longer......You'll find it's not such a big deal at all and actually more beneficial.

http://stores.homestead.com/RekluseMotorsports/Categories.bok?category=z-Start+Clutches&searchpath=ac801f310e875f328f6b29&start=31&total=51
Well, thanks K for the help. As for the rest of you, I absloutley cannot belive the immaturity I am seeing from you guys... I ask a simple question and I get that im a sissy little girl. Its none of your damn business what I do with it and who its ment for. All I wanted to know is if these kits were made and a little info. I appriciate a little constructive critisim but this is ridiclous. I thought I was the kid here......guess I was wrong.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 11:17:57 PM »

just try the clutch for a few rides and you will love it. do that before you spend 400+ bucks on a kit like that. trust me, you will grow to love it. i dont even think bout it anymore. it is like breathing kinda. you just get so used to it it is just a reflex. give it a try 2 or 3 or 4 rides. save some $. buy a pipe. tires. anything useful like that. i reluctantly ride a ute sometimes cause of no clutch. half the time i pull the parking brake like it is a clutch when i need to shift. just trust me, you will love it.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2006, 12:51:47 AM »

You guys can correct me if I am wrong but the z-start clutch from rekluse is not a full auto solution it just eliminates the need to use the clutch for starting and shifting. Also disengages the engine at idle speed. And if you use the clutch lever you completely overide the manual part. I am not sure about engine break though.

Umm... Your right, but he just doesnt want to use the clutch. He still will have to shift gears.

You're saying that he thinks it will make it a press the throttle and go thing..Not the case.

823 for life!

Captain The Morgan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 05:53:30 AM »

As for the rest of you, I absloutley cannot belive the immaturity I am seeing from you guys... I ask a simple question and I get that im a sissy little girl. Its none of your damn business what I do with it and who its ment for.

"Oh, Lighten up Francis"

"You just made the list, buddy!"

They're just havin' a little fun with you.  Just some good natured ribbing.
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 09:15:47 AM »

Do you want a CVT?  No gears at all, totally automatic?

If you just want the auto clutch, then you're not likely to ever notice the dif between a 250 and a 400.  Why not look into the LTZ250?  Great Quad, plenty of power, NO CLUTCH but 5 gears and rev, will wheelie, and spin the tires w/o a problem.  A fun machine!  I got one for my wife and she loves it.   Wink  J/K   She has one and so does my 17y/o boy.  He hates my z400 with a clutch, but loves his z250.
Our 17y/o:

Not a boring machine for him.  Ya still have to shift, but no LT hand clutch to pull.  If you down shift, or up shift into another gear, keeping your foot all the way, without letting go of the lever, the clutch is in.  You can rev it up and let go and it'll drop the clutch just like a hand lever.  Or just shift like normal.

I agree with Fox, It's like a reflex, I don't even think about it.  But a great thing to have.
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 11:46:19 AM »

Sorry for that last comment, I just got a little ticked. Anyway I already have to shift gears with my ute. It just has an auto clutch and I wanted to know if the z400 has one available. I dont even own it right now. I was just considering it for my next quad and thats all I wanted to know. I do appreicate the advice though.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
backinsaddle

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 04:55:50 PM »

I have a recluse on my yfz.  If having more control because I don't have to take my hands off the grips to pull the clutch in mid-air, or can hang on tighter when breaking makes me a girl, then I guess I'm a girl.  I'm definitly faster with it than without, and will probably put on future machines as well.  There are advantages and disadvantages to an auto-clutch, and it's more preference than anything.  Hinson also came out with an auto clutch recently, but it's around $1,000.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com