Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Current status of Big Scrub and Lake Delancy?  (Read 2563 times)
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2006, 01:54:02 PM »

Can anyone tell me what the status of Big Scrub and Lake Delancy is?  Can you still camp and ride there like it's always been?  Are these places closed, going to be closed soon? 
I'd like to go up to Ocala sometime but I'm not sure what's up with everything up there.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
quadtographer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

Don't know about Big Scrub however there is a big ONFA sponsored ride at Lake Delancy Sept 30th. Check out their site for more info.
-Dan-

Good Morning Florida!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:54:44 AM »

I was at BS about 3 weeks ago and you still can park there and ride. I didnt camp out, but I'm sure its more or less the same. I parked right across from the camp entrance and it was no problem.
polaris03

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 07:02:43 PM »

You can still camp at big scrub, but the fun status is low. We went A month ago and the sand pits were closed and you can't play out front. Lake Delancy to me is better. The trail system is nice and you can camp there for 6.00 a night just like Big Scrub.
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »

Is Lake Delancy as safe place to camp with a family? Are there facilties there and rangers? I have never been to Ocala because of all the horror stories I have heard. However; pictures from there makes it look like a great place to ride and it is only 1 1/2 hrs from us. We live in Branford.

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
banana-man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 08:16:45 AM »

What horror stories?

I went with my son(7y/o) to BS, and rode the whole weekend.  The rangers were generally angry and had a real bad attitude toward ATVers.  The pits are closed, and they give tickets when they catch you in there.  They even gave this one guy a warning for going too fast.  There is trash all over the place(plastic and glass bottles, mostly).  The trails are really nice though.  If we don't start to clean up after ourselves, and respect the non-riding areas they will shut us out.

Someone who really knows ONF, please email me, I have some questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com