Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT SECTION!!  (Read 5985 times)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

Just noticed it and thought it was a great idea. Ocala is a central riding spot and IMO, home to the best riding in the entire south eastern United States. I have met people from everywhere there and they say the same. I hope this section can create more awareness in regards to what is happening over there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 08:47:46 PM by Eworm » Logged
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 08:35:03 AM »

Just noticed it and thought it was a great idea. Ocala is a central riding spot and IMO, home to the best riding in the entire south eastern United States. I have met people from everywhere there and they say the same. I hope this section can create more awareness in regards to what is happening over there.
I agree
DjLeOo

Shut up and Ride !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »

i heard big scrub was closing for atv rider is this true Huh

this was an email sent to me can anyone confirm ??

-----------------------------------------------------

I have not gotten the offical word as of yet but the talk is that once the new trail system is done they will do a closure on all areas around big scrub. The trail system should be in place just after the july 4th weekend. Once it goes into place the only campground you can ride from will be lake delancey. If you are caught riding off the new trail system it will be a 500.00 fine. For the first year there will be a 100% increase in law enforcement from what we have now. So I would suggest maybe a last fling before this happens. You may never be able to do it again.

i think selling our bikes is the best move !!!!!

this government and whoever is behind all this is a piece of shiet !!!

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:01 PM »

i heard big scrub was closing for atv rider is this true Huh

this was an email sent to me can anyone confirm ??

-----------------------------------------------------

I have not gotten the offical word as of yet but the talk is that once the new trail system is done they will do a closure on all areas around big scrub. The trail system should be in place just after the july 4th weekend. Once it goes into place the only campground you can ride from will be lake delancey. If you are caught riding off the new trail system it will be a 500.00 fine. For the first year there will be a 100% increase in law enforcement from what we have now. So I would suggest maybe a last fling before this happens. You may never be able to do it again.

this government and whoever is behind all this is a piece of shiet !!!

i agree!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Bang Head Cursing Give Hell Flaming Grind Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

ONFA President, Florida OHV Rec Committee Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 02:34:01 PM »

Big Scrub area is in phase II of the Forest plans. Once the trail system in Phase I is up and running, on a temporary basis, parts of the Big Scrub area will be closed for environmental reasons.  A new system is going to be designed for the Big Scrub area.  This is why the Ocala National Forest Association is so important and why we must have a large number of members.  We will be able to have a major input into what trails will be in the new system.

2006 Rhino Special Edition
2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 10:15:25 AM »

Big Scrub area is in phase II of the Forest plans. Once the trail system in Phase I is up and running, on a temporary basis, parts of the Big Scrub area will be closed for environmental reasons.  A new system is going to be designed for the Big Scrub area.  This is why the Ocala National Forest Association is so important and why we must have a large number of members.  We will be able to have a major input into what trails will be in the new system.

Hey Grizz, I have some good ideas on how the trail system should look (I think, lol). Basically, a MAIN "two way" trail system with "one way" trails breaking off from the main trail. These trails would have difficulty levels at the point of entrance so everyone knows what to expect. This way, everyone knows that the main trail is two way, so just cruise back to camp or to the one-way trail head depending on where you are going. Can work nicely...... If properly thought out and tracked via GPS mapping software it can be accomplished IMO. I have done it for scrub!!! Let me know what your thoughts on this are Grizz.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 08:12:21 AM »

I will try to keep you informed as the Big Scrub area is thought out.  You appear to have gotten a lot of GPS information that will help.  Teo problems do exist though.  First, the Forestry service believes we only have easy trails here, nothing even moderate.  Second, they are really stuck on two way trails.  All of their consultants and other areas of the country where there are trail systems are going to the two way.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 08:49:03 AM »

I will try to keep you informed as the Big Scrub area is thought out.  You appear to have gotten a lot of GPS information that will help.  Teo problems do exist though.  First, the Forestry service believes we only have easy trails here, nothing even moderate.  Second, they are really stuck on two way trails.  All of their consultants and other areas of the country where there are trail systems are going to the two way.

Easy yes but different speed limits is more what I was saying.
GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 09:03:24 AM »

speed limits are almost impossible to enforce.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
Inyourdraft2000

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:26:51 PM »

I was at Big Scrub last MOnth and noticed they are building 2 new facilaties on site for restrooms and showers, Odd for them to spena bunch of $$ on that and then shut it down. I hope its not shut down September 8th weekend, I plan on being there for my birthday,,,hehehe

GrizzlyBear
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 03:10:31 PM »

Big Scrub will be in Phase II. What trails will be there no one knows now.  Have you tried camping at Lake DeLancy and riding the trails there.

2006 Grizzly 660
2003 Raptor 660 (son)
2003 Yamaha Kodiak

www.onfa.org
hornyrhino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 05:46:12 PM »

Hello, I went to lake delancey campground today and checked it out for the first time!
I must say it looks to be a way better place to stay when its sweltering hot out!!!
The whole campground is heavily wooded with tons of shade...No electric or bath/shower houses but very nice in my opinion compared to dying out in that open field baking away a big scrub Angry Luckily both campgrounds are within 30 minutes of my house so I must admit I dont camp anymore but still like to use the camps for safe daily parking Smiley  Also, I did notice alot of new signs marking trailheads this should make it easier for out of towners without a GPS to find their way!!! I also marked a ton of coordinates and will post them ASAP...

06 Rhino
lots of goodies added
hornyrhino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »

i heard big scrub was closing for atv rider is this true

If you would sell your bikes due to the fact big scrub is closing you are missing alot of good riding throughout the forest!!! Honestly big scrub sucks its mainly all whooped out and beat up, personally I would rather ride anywhere in the forest besides big scrub the locals call it BS and that not for big scrub Roll Eyes Also if you love big scrub so much and it closes its only another 30-45 minutes to delancey west and you can ride your bike out of the campground just the same!]

06 Rhino
lots of goodies added
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »

I like Big Scrub.

Can you still ride the power lines?

I like skipping across the whoops at warp speed...just lean back, grab a thumb full o throttle and let it rip.

But maybe that's me, I'm not right in the head.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 08:39:45 PM »

I like Big Scrub.

Can you still ride the power lines?

I like skipping across the whoops at warp speed...just lean back, grab a thumb full o throttle and let it rip.

But maybe that's me, I'm not right in the head.

after 4 or 6 miles it aint that fun anymore
bigbirdh

with an atv there is no limit

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 06:25:58 PM »

so is it ok to ride at bs or not
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 09:00:09 PM »