Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirt Bikes & L-Cross  (Read 5043 times)
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2006, 10:46:42 PM »

We are heading to L-Cross for the David Allan Coe concert, just wondered if it is possible and/or worth taking our dirt bikes down there as well as our quads?
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:13:52 AM »

Paul, they do allow dirt bikes and people do bring them. It would be your choice but for the DAC event I would only do the quads. Its gonna be packed. I am not gonna be able to go. You will enjoy it.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 12:54:02 PM »

Paul, they do allow dirt bikes and people do bring them. It would be your choice but for the DAC event I would only do the quads. Its gonna be packed. I am not gonna be able to go. You will enjoy it.
Thanks Tony, I may take them just in case we want to blow some cobwebs off, is stuff pretty safe there?   If we go off on our quads are our bikes likely to still be there when we get back.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 01:19:20 PM »

There was a guy walking around camp asking if anyone had seen his red Foreman. It was ripped off during the night.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:20:51 PM »

I have never known of anything happening there but if I was leaving my bikes I would probably chain them up just in case. They do have security but security cannot be everywhere. Most people out there are pretty good but there will be probably 20,000 people at David Allen Coe

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »

All it would take is someone to put it in a toyhauler or enclosed trailer and it would never be seen again.

o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:03:33 PM »

Thanks Tony, I may take them just in case we want to blow some cobwebs off, is stuff pretty safe there?   If we go off on our quads are our bikes likely to still be there when we get back.

If you have a big camp you should be fine, usaully when we go ride there is still people at our camp.
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2006, 09:06:46 AM »

I've never had a problem out there however it is possible.  There was a dirt bike stolen out there last weekend.  It was reported to Patty and Mark.  They stopped every hauler leaving the property and made them open up to look for the bike.  Patty has said that if anything is ever stolen out there she will report it to the police and prosecute!  They will not tolerate stealing on their property.

However, that's not to say some idiot wouldn't take your stuff and kill it in a mudhole.  I've never seen or heard of it but there's always a first time and I'd hate it to be w/ mine. 

Paul- I'd really consider just taking the quads out there if this is your first time.  Then after you know the property you'll have an idea if you want to take your dirt bikes out there. 

Hopefully Mark, Patty, or Mudmaster will mark off an area for us again so we can all camp together at DAC.  See ya out there.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2006, 10:10:57 AM »

The Mongoose that was stolen and reported to us early Sunday morning was recovered in less than 4 hours by Mark Pearce, He found it hidden on the property, it was just a childish prank! Also, recovered at the L-Cross last weekend was a 4 wheeler stolen from someones home last year
and security assisted in recovering it for this costumer! So, there are some
happy ending's. Don't steal equiptment from others at the L-Cross, you will be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!

Patti & Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 04:19:27 PM by Patricia Pearce » Logged

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006, 10:34:34 AM »

The Mongoose that was stolen and reported to us early Sunday morning was recovered in less than 4 hours by Mark Pearce, He found it hidden on the property, it was just a childish prank! Also, recovered at the L-Cross last weekend was a 4 wheeler stolen from someones home last year
happy ending's. Don't steal equiptment from others at the L-Cross, you will be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!

Patt& Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS

Not to mention but you will also be turned loose to the lions. I would have to guess a theif at l-cross would have a very short life span.   

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006, 10:37:36 AM »

Patt& Mark Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENTS

Heck yeah , a little Justice is a nice thing...glad to hear they got the stuff back Patti..Way to go L-Cross.....by the way did you see the 2 cases of beer I brought with me into L-cross I noticed Sunday it was gone... Grin
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 10:39:45 AM by Joedirt » Logged

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 10:51:10 AM »

Sad My bottle of Rum disappeared as well  Sad

Paul S: I would not take a dirt bike out there, the spots that don't have mud are the camping areas and in that area you have to putt around...so whats the use?
Unless you plan on taking it to the mud hole  Shocked  Dirt bikes don't make it to far.

My 2 cents  Wink

Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 04:11:04 PM »

seeing dirt bikes out there always makes for good entertainment tho....

then of course.....theres the folks who have put harleys in the mud out there......now THATS entertainment

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 07:11:17 PM »

Thanks for all your advice.

Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2006, 04:53:45 PM »

Hopefully Mark, Patty, or Mudmaster will mark off an area for us again so we can all camp together at DAC.  See ya out there.
Hi QT, just wondered if there is cell phone coverage out there, also how will we find the atvfl camp. If there is cell phone coverage perhaps we could call you when we get down there. If not ??
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 12:40:21 AM »

Grin Cell phones almost always work! If not their camp has an ATVFLORIDA .COM banner flying along with..... FLORIDAATV.COM, how can you miss either one?

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »

seeing dirt bikes out there always makes for good entertainment tho....

then of course.....theres the folks who have put harleys in the mud out there......now THATS entertainment

I had a lot of fun pulling that Harley out of the mud !!!! What an Idiot !!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com