Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orlando Sandpit  (Read 34146 times)
Crispy

2005 400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »

those dragracing down the road will get the place closed

Yep thats started to settle down a bit.

Today Eric did a considerable amount of cleaning to the place it looked alot better, I got there when I could to help then we did a bit of riding.

It does look alot better out there though thats for sure.

FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2006, 07:53:52 PM »

those dragracing down the road will get the place closed

Yep thats started to settle down a bit.

Today Eric did a considerable amount of cleaning to the place it looked alot better, I got there when I could to help then we did a bit of riding.

It does look alot better out there though thats for sure.

Thanks Chris for your help in cleaning up Wink  Hopefully everyone who reads this thread and rides there can maybe take 1 garbage bag home each time they go ride until its litter free. The 2 burned up cars we will have to work on one day when we have a 4x4 truck out there to move them to the side.
ocoeestunna

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2006, 11:24:57 PM »

i went today around 4:00 and had to park my truck out on mcqueen and use the trail to enter by quad because they had about 3 dump trucks full of dirt blocking the main entrance
Crispy

2005 400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2006, 10:08:56 AM »

i went today around 4:00 and had to park my truck out on mcqueen and use the trail to enter by quad because they had about 3 dump trucks full of dirt blocking the main entrance

Seems odd I know they use it for dumpign dirt into the landfill itself who knows why they we're actually blocking the entrance maybe they left early before they could dump the load at the landfill?

FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.
POLARIS 330

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »

I SAY EVEY SECOND WEEKEND OF EACH MONTH WE ALL PITCH IN AND HAVE A CLEANING RIDE THE CLEANER WE KEEP THE PLACE THE MORE CHANCE WE HAVE OF NOT PISSING THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY OFF HE IS A GOOD GUY HE JUST DOESNT WANT PEOPLE TRASHING HIS LAND
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2006, 09:06:19 PM »

I SAY EVEY SECOND WEEKEND OF EACH MONTH WE ALL PITCH IN AND HAVE A CLEANING RIDE THE CLEANER WE KEEP THE PLACE THE MORE CHANCE WE HAVE OF NOT PISSING THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY OFF HE IS A GOOD GUY HE JUST DOESNT WANT PEOPLE TRASHING HIS LAND

Good idea Wink  I figure whenever I go I can fill at least one trash bag up like last time.
FlyingDog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2006, 08:04:46 AM »

Any more news about this place?

Anyone still riding there?

Rob Kulp

Stock
'06 TRX450ER
'06 TRX250EX
'06 TRX90EX
Mr. Fixit

« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2006, 07:17:31 PM »

Went there today with my daughter and had a good time.
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2006, 12:58:17 AM »

im going tomorrow Grin

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
cham

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2006, 07:45:17 AM »

How long have you guys been riding out there? Sounds like it may not be for too much longer if people keep trashing the place.

I live off Ocoee apopka rd and Fullers Crossing. Literally 5 minutes from there. I am just getting started in the hobby and I am still looking for a quad and bike. Is there anything we can do to make sure this riding spot stays open?

If they shut this down, my next closest riding spot that I can see will be at least and hour away.
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2006, 01:42:22 PM »

Well i just got home from the pit . I was there long enough to unload my bike when 2 sherrifs pulled up and told us we had to leave that the county didnt want us out here any longer. I told the cop that we had permision from the owner to ride there and the cop said she didnt care the county didnt want us out there. After that she called in a chopper for the people that were in the pit already and said if they dont leave they will go to jail. Angry
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 06:19:05 PM by Moose » Logged

cham

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2006, 01:48:23 PM »

I find it hard to believe that no one has a local legal secured place to ride. Its not like ATV's are a new sport.

Is there anywhere around Winter Garden/Clermont area. I am trying to buy a quad and bike now but theres no way I am going to do that if I have to ride in Ocala or Croom. They are both over an hour and a half away from me in Winter Garden (or so says map quest).
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 19, 2006, 02:26:47 PM »

im willing to put some $ on some land if anyone else is. I dont have alot but ill give what i can. Grin

cham

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: February 19, 2006, 02:36:33 PM »

I dont see buying or leasing land as a great idea. Not alot of people that have or are willing to pony up a large amount of cash for a lease or purchase commitment.

What needs to be found is a guy thats land banking and is willing to make some extra cash while he sits on the land. Montly or anual dues that gives you membership to the land.

Thats what the RC boys did, they also have a 1,000,000 dollar liability coverage they get for like 15 bucks a year. It puts the land owners at ease.
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »

Hey guys I'm going to try and get out there to this pit this weekend, my freiond just bought a blaster so I figured I'd take him somewhere new. I ride a yz250f and I don't ride on the roads and I take what I bring in so no trash or nothing. Hopefully the cops aren't out there ruining the fun... what day would have the least amount of people sat or sun?

Mr. Fixit

« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2006, 06:03:09 PM »

Sunday
freshranger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2006, 09:33:51 AM »

Yo, im gonna check this place out, i have ridden near keen road before but i havent found this place yet, if anyone wants to get together not this weekend but next holla!

I know of about 3 other places to ride around apopka,
mojoe915

06 KODIAK450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

i've gone to the keene rd location but it's mostly for sport quads, anybody know some goods spots for mud or trails in the apopka area or orlando at all
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com