Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tainted Paint Works  (Read 5840 times)
custmguru

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »

Having had previous experience with this member, i say do your transaction in person. I currently have a judgement from paypal in my favor and can supply proof of James' shady business dealing. He took off with $48 of my money and didn't supply the vinyl he was supposed to deliver. I am willing to share my experience with anyone who's interested.

i'm calling your bluff.
2 post and both claiming to be the victim. i dont know whats worst, kids trying to get their post count up, or snipers getting on here to bad mouth members.

My only having a few posts and all related to this guy are because when you do a search for taintedpaintworks in google this site is the first link that comes up. I don't live in FL, I don't have an ATV, and I only registered to warn other people about his business practices.

He was supplying stickers for s-series.org, I had an order for some 6" and 12" stickers which he was supplying free of charge in order to be the 'site sponsored vinyl guy'. He was a long standing member (Moneyclip was his name), moderator, and I had worked with him on a few things in the past and we had no problems. I was paying for the big 36" stickers and he was charging me $12 a piece for them. I got 4 orders, sent them off to him and he disappeared. Waited a good month with no contact, reported him to paypal and they eventually ruled in my favor, but he had already withdrawn all the money from the account and they couldn't recover anything from him.

Type Counterparty Transaction ID Date Amount Reason Filed On Status Details Action
Complaint Tainted Paint Works 42F00876AC227934C May 15, 2005 -$24.00 USD Non-receipt Jun. 13, 2005 Case Closed PP-087-870-066 
Complaint Tainted Paint Works 4S482037GW9366233 May 15, 2005 -$12.00 USD Non-receipt Jun. 13, 2005 Case Closed PP-087-869-711 
Complaint Tainted Paint Works 5MN95442HW561520V May 17, 2005 -$12.00 USD Non-receipt Jun. 13, 2005 Case Closed PP-087-868-903 

Complaint Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transaction ID:
 42F00876AC227934C
Seller Name:
 Tainted Paint Works
Seller Email:
 taintedpaintworks@comcast.net
Transaction Amount:
 -$24.00 USD
Transaction Date:
 May 15, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Case ID:
 PP-087-870-066
Reason for Dispute:
 Non-receipt
Buyer's Comments:
 I sent funds to James to order 2 36" windshield banners for two of my forum members. He had said they were sent, but it's been a month and no package has been recieved by either person. I have tried to contact him directly, but there is no response. As a resolution, I am looking for either my orders to be shipped (there are 4 total) or my money back. Thank You.
Date of Complaint:
 Jun. 13, 2005
 Case Closed
Status Details:
 We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $0.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.

I have 2 more of these for $12 a piece.

Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Request for action to seller
Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Claim granted
Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Refund initiated
Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Seller
Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Buyer
Jun. 23, 2005 PayPal Required response not received
Jun. 13, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Seller
Jun. 13, 2005 PayPal Email sent to Buyer
Jun. 13, 2005 Buyer Complaint case initiated

heres the thread where we started the pre-sale

http://forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=40533

things started going south on page 5 of that thread

http://forums.s-series.org/viewtopic.php?t=40533&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

It's all laid out for you if you want to check it out.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 06:57:42 PM by custmguru » Logged
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 09:14:26 PM »

true, by typing in the name, this site is the first to come up, in fact the first three or four results are here.

Mr. Taintedpaintworks

your turn to rebut this.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Taintedpaintworks

Tainted Paint Works Airbrush & Vinyl Graphics

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »

I sent over 30 decals to this guy which was more than enough to fill his order. When I refused to supply more for free, he reported my "business practices" to paypal. Nuff said. I buy and sell on these forums every day. If anyone doubts me, feel free to do your transaction in person, in fact, I encourage it, I love exchanging product for cold hard cash.  Reporting someone to paypal does not make you the good guy, that's why so many people get screwed by paypal and do not use them. Paypal offer tons of protection for the buyers all at the expense of the seller. There is little to no way for a seller to defend himself against a complaint other than to issue a response in which it is the buyers word against the sellers just like a credit card company, paypal will rule in favor of the buyer each and every time. Anyone who has ever had a merchant account knows this well.

I encourage the buyer beware rule and anyone is welcome to inspect any of my items prior to issuing payment. Be it vinyl graphics, a motorcycle, quad etc...

This will be my one and only response on this topic. I will not dignify it any further.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 09:43:01 PM by Taintedpaintworks » Logged

Tainted Paint Works
Custom Airbrush & Vinyl Graphics
custmguru

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 09:48:21 PM »

I still have most of the free ones you sent, James. I actually wanted the ones I PAID for. And the free ones were your idea.

If you had a valid case, you would have said something to PayPal when they contacted you.

It's all in the thread. Make all the allegations you want, but I have something to back up my story. Let's see your proof.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 12:02:17 AM by custmguru » Logged
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:51:41 AM »

Has anyone else on here had any dealings with this member. One of my coworkers  traded a blaster and cash for two jetskis. He had the title for one and was supposed to mail the other title and he has not recieved the other title. Taintedpaintworks will not call back and his mailbox on his phone is full. He was sent a PM yesterday also and has not replied or will not call back.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
custmguru

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 12:27:39 PM »

I don't know what phone number you've been calling, but you can try the 'office' line.

1.800.514.SIGN

that number is off his website... http://taintedpaintworks.com/
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 12:45:31 PM »

That number has been disconnected

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 05:28:21 PM »

Try this if its the samee guy who did you wrong .You need to thrash hime here before he sells more crap to someone else!

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,11869.0.html

Taintedpaintworks

Tainted Paint Works Airbrush & Vinyl Graphics

14x6.5 trailer for sale, dual axle!
« on: Today at 02:59:14 PM »   

I have a 14x6.5 dual axle traielr for sale. No brakes sdes or ramps, it's a standard flatbed trailer, nothing fancy. I can add sides and a ramp upon request.
Asking $500 as-is
$600 with sides or $675 with sides and ramps.
904-382-9793
ask for James
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 05:30:03 PM by bushwacked » Logged

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 05:35:42 PM »

Well he is supposed to have mailed it out priority mail today so if it is not received by Monday afternoon then I will start bashing all of his threads but I will give him the benefit of the dought.

custmguru

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 06:36:09 PM »

Well, He's burned all his 'benefit of the doubt' with me...

at least he posted a new number. Maybe I'll try giving him a call.

904-382-9793
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com