Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save your riding areas  (Read 4898 times)
ATVXtreme

« on: January 26, 2006, 03:38:52 PM »

First of all I see a lot of threads on this website, where there seems to be a lot of  ATV enthusits who are unhappy about the way things are going. You seem to be unhappy about losing your trails, as I am also.

I decided I would step up to the plate, after looking at numerous threads. If given the opportunity how many would agree to meet with a representative from OHV Florida, this is the time to air your opinions and be heard. It would also be an informative meeting, like what other riding places will there be in the future, and what OHV Florida is trying to do for the OHV community and us.

If I could schedule a meeting place that would be in the middle for both parties, I need an honest answer to how many people would show up. Indianjoe I am hoping you could be there along with Ida Man, and whomever else. We need to group together to be heard, instead of complaining. It is also a time to know the truth about our riding areas from the people involved.

I talked with Jack Terrell, he plays a part in OHV Florida, and also NOHVCC, he is also a part of the Florida Trail Riders. He has a lot of knowledge about OHV plans for Florida. If I could agree to get him to speak with us, I would need to know how many would be interested. Lets put an end to all the rumors. From what I can read, and what I have read on this website, it will be the people on this website, that will help the OHV community or break it. To me I would like to help, as much as I could, if that will mean more riding areas in the state of florida. I also vision the people on this website, helping the forest manage and maintain the trail system, again that is only my vision no one elses. I need honest opinions, I don’t want to get Jack here, and no one shows, that will look bad for you and me, and right now I look bad enough.

I will be at the Ocala Meeting in May. I will convey what was said back to you on this website, and I will do it as Bill O’Reilly says “in the no spin zone”.

It is my understanding, it is a meeting that will put  a positive light on OHV.  If you go to the meeting and speak against this, you will probably ruin your changes of getting more land in florida to ride, and I have wasted my time, along with Florida Trail Riders, and people in the OHV Community who want this to work.

Let’s make this a positive meeting and give him and the OHV community a change.

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:44:44 PM »

I understand we need save more
riding areas through out of florida.

This very good topic you post on here. Smiley

Thanks,
amhighlander Cool

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
indianjoe
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »

It is a great idea, finding a centralized location compatible for everyone would be tuff, as a suggestion and I am by far computer challenged, could sometype of live computer or video forum be set up, that would make it easy on Jack and the thousands of members here. I would love to see all the members hear what efforts are being made by the OHV Comm.  I know I have attended live presentations being fed by satellite but couldn't something like that be done on the net??? O.k. good question for Mr. Bones, Da-Mtg-Man, IdaMan.  I know it may cost something to set this up but maybe cheaper than driving a couple of hundred miles and could get more people to hear it.
ATVXtreme

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 06:30:28 AM »

That is a good idea, I am computer literate but know nothing about satellite feed. Iwill email Mr. Terrell and see if that is alright with him.
If we can get that to work.

If that will work on both ends then  what we should do, is
make a post to ask the questions that everyone wants to ask. That way no one's time is wasted. That post should contain questions not complaints.

Give me some feedback on satillete feed..

It is a great idea, finding a centralized location compatible for everyone would be tuff, as a suggestion and I am by far computer challenged, could sometype of live computer or video forum be set up, that would make it easy on Jack and the thousands of members here. I would love to see all the members hear what efforts are being made by the OHV Comm.  I know I have attended live presentations being fed by satellite but couldn't something like that be done on the net??? O.k. good question for Mr. Bones, Da-Mtg-Man, IdaMan.  I know it may cost something to set this up but maybe cheaper than driving a couple of hundred miles and could get more people to hear it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 06:45:09 AM by ATVXtreme » Logged
ATVXtreme

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 06:41:33 AM »

Yes we do, and no one seems to be giving us any information. As Jack Terrell said, most of the riding places now are in forests, owned and managed by the government. He is trying to get information from them, but it is like pulling teeth. Maybe one day that will change.

We aslo talked about a central website with information. I have given him some suggestions for it, that is in the future. I have also told him that I would volunteer to build one for them.

We also talked about the talent on this website and possibly forming a club in the future with people from this website. But lets consentrate on first things first and one step at a time. I personally would like to see that.

Thanks for your comments americanhighlander.. Lets see if we can make this video thing happen.

I understand we need save more
riding areas through out of florida.

This very good topic you post on here. Smiley

Thanks,
amhighlander Cool
MAV400

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 06:26:32 PM »

Great Idea. Let me know either way  on the web or a meeting I would like to attend.
Thanks
ATVXtreme

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:09:51 AM »

Thanks... lets keep this thread alive and see if we can make this happen.

Great Idea. Let me know either way  on the web or a meeting I would like to attend.
Thanks
ATVXtreme

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 02:26:25 PM »

bump Wink
ATVXtreme

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 07:22:18 PM »

It looks like this might just work... Awsome..
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 07:38:06 PM »

I'm all for driving to meet with someone influential in making decisions regarding OHV use in the forests.

I have found however that unless you pay for the systems to talk online with a webcam,,,your'e not gonna get a good conversation.

depending on the date, I'd be up for driving for a meeting.  I have been riding in Ocala since 1987 or so and have watched the changes and their affects.

I might be one of the few that have that kind of knowledge and I'm sure there are some others who have been riding the forest as long as I have.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 10:10:05 PM »

u are Brillient for helping us try to save land to ride and to try to get us more land and for getting us a meeting with the OHV and the Florida Trail riders. and i hope that u and Id@, or whomever else do a great job in the meeting and thanks so much for helping us save riding areas and gain more land. Thumbs Up

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
ATVXtreme

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 06:15:34 AM »

Does that mean we need someone who has a webcam....Huh

I'm all for driving to meet with someone influential in making decisions regarding OHV use in the forests.

I have found however that unless you pay for the systems to talk online with a webcam,,,your'e not gonna get a good conversation.

depending on the date, I'd be up for driving for a meeting.  I have been riding in Ocala since 1987 or so and have watched the changes and their affects.

I might be one of the few that have that kind of knowledge and I'm sure there are some others who have been riding the forest as long as I have.

Id@
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2006, 08:06:01 AM »

I've got one, but a really cheap one that does a decent job of video, but screws the audio something terrible.

I have planned on getting a better webcam for something else.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 09:01:25 AM »

I Think voice chat messages be better. Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2006, 09:45:08 AM »

http://www.atvaonline.com/
ATVXtreme

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »

We are getting there that is probably the next step, that I can see.. Right now let's see if we can get the right people online and see what they have to say..
I Think voice chat messages be better. Smiley

Man, I am really confused now.. I thought I knew it all with the video cam.. now you come up with chat messages, what are chat messages...

Is this the day to confuse ATVxtreme...
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 05:57:07 PM »

I know some video cam's could be slow on 56k.
I can understand if put micphone for like 60sec's or more
to transmit on here in forums here.Some times voice
messages are not slow on 56k.

I know they do that on gamespyarcade.com it
use to be mplayer.com back few years ago and it's a
voice chat room you talk during games
or other chat room topics all over world.
I used go on mulitplayer games while back in year 2000.
But I don't do that no more to much waste time go on there. Smiley

Well You have take your time to get right.  Smiley
I understand about that...  Wink
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:01:49 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

ATVXtreme

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 06:28:37 PM »

I think how we are going to do this, is either voice and no video, or if I can find a video cam we can do it that way. The thing to do is make this a downloadable file, so they can download it, and view it or listen to it at everyones lesiure.

Question for the Techno people. 1. Can someone take a vhs video with sound, and convert it so it can read and  be played by a pc? 2. How do I take that file and make it a downloadable file. 3. This is the bonus question - How many megs would a 30 minute presentation take.

Here is what I want to do - I want to take the video or voice and make it a downloadable file. That way noway spends alot of time online looking at it, and the bandwidths will probably be faster.
ATVXtreme

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2006, 06:27:57 AM »

bump Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com