Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cheap atv's on Ebay. Is it real?  (Read 3172 times)
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2006, 07:26:05 PM »

Man I looked at some quads on Ebay and found some $5,000.00 bikes for like half price. I mean a 800 Polaris 05 model for 2 grand. They all have this message bull crap that says you have to be pre-approved bidder. I got an email from Ebay after I asked a seller if 1 bike was really that price. Ebay said it could be scammers trying to just get email addresses. I know it's hard for them to find scammers with all they do. I bought my 2000 Rancher ESP 4x4 on Ebay back in 03. It only had 50 miles on it. A man in Pompano had 3 identical bikes he bought for his grandkids who live in Ohio. They didn't come enough so he sold them. I just wanna see if anybody else has come across this. I'm looking for a bigger quad like a Honda Rincon or Foreman 4x4 if anybody has one. Oh by the way the guy selling this bike didn't respond. I think they call that phishing when these guys do this. I guess now everybody can laugh at me for thinking you can get a bike so cheap. I got mine for $2,500 though and it was prolly a 4k bike new at least so I felt I did ok. One thing if I do buy one of these so called good deals is only get one where I can pick it up and the seller get's the cash on delivery and the sell is legit on Ebay.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 07:37:39 PM »

So you're saying that you actually bought one of these and it worked perfect?  Or are you one of these scammers trying to get us to buy one of these scam quads?  Smiley

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 08:12:11 PM »

yes, its a scam. they will even send you a spoof email that looks like its from ebay saying they have $5000 in escrow or something. If it is too good to be true it is!!! If anything EBAY will let something sell for MORE than its worth. Ebay is usually only a good deal to sellers and buyers well educatedon the product they want to buy.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

I can tell you what it is b/c I emailed a guy about one.. You have to be pre-approved and when they email you to tell you your approved they tell you that they actually want 4k more for it. It's a buncha BS if you ask me but ebay is letting tons of people get away with it. 

stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »

Thanks Scrub,

I think when I bought mine it was before those m f'ers got a chance to learn how to scam on Ebay. I looked at a rancher once and the guy sends me an email saying he is in the service stationed in Italy. Told me to send him like 2k for this new bike via Western Union. Just to pass this on Ebay says never pay W U. It's not meant to pay for auctions and if you get scammed they won't intervine. I guess that the best bet is if you buy off Ebay make sure it's a local thing or close enough to drive and check it all out. One more thing. I know a lot of people sell things on here. If you sell an enclosed trailer or bike, make sure you go to the local tax collector office and get the item in your name that day with the seller. I've heard of some people who have bought things and a few days or weeks later they go to register it and the seller has a lien on it or something that can jeopardize your ownership. So best thing is to stand in front of a tax clerk and do the money, title work and bill of sale right there. Not trying to be a know it all but these days you can never be sure. And whoever the guy is who asked if I'm a scammer, the answer is no. I'm just a guy who likes riding at Scrub and having fun dude.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »

And whoever the guy is who asked if I'm a scammer, the answer is no. I'm just a guy who likes riding at Scrub and having fun dude.

I was just kidding, that's what the  Smiley was for. 

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 05:00:53 PM »

yes, its a scam. they will even send you a spoof email that looks like its from ebay saying they have $5000 in escrow or something. If it is too good to be true it is!!! If anything EBAY will let something sell for MORE than its worth. Ebay is usually only a good deal to sellers and buyers well educatedon the product they want to buy.

He's right they are some nutting scamers.But I have seen that
on ebay with atvs they auction off.I know they over price alot used
quads on there.I think you should keep on looking at other atv classifields in your area or out of state that might be your best choice to do that to check around. Smiley

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
stacktester
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 08:06:38 PM »

I agree Highlander. I found out today that the Rincon I looked at on Ebay was a clone auction. This guy near Tampa cloned the auction. I looked at completed items and what do I find? The real auction already done. Same pics just different seller. I know if I buy on Ebay it will be cash after I look at the bike in person and we will go to tax collector.Be careful guys. I want all my Scrub friends on good bikes.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com