Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom Medi-Vac  (Read 2684 times)
Vegas

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2005, 05:16:14 PM »

I was riding at Croom Saturday, and saw a guy get medi-vaced out of the facility.

I'm not sure what happened, as I didn't see his collision.

Does anyone have any info on this guy and his condition?

My prayers and thoughts are with him.

Hope he makes it out O.K.
dreth

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 06:32:06 PM »

i will say a prayer also!
donnie_darko

Ride or Die

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 06:43:51 PM »

I wonder what happen...hope its not that serious...
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 06:59:50 AM »

I have been checking paper and the news but have seen nothing yet. Anyone heard anymore? I pray they are ok. I know croom is a pretty cool place to ride but it gets so busy sometimes. I would rather ride an extra hour to the forest. A buddy of mine lost his 8yr old on a dirt bike up there about 6 or 7 years ago. Some of you might know him he owns a towing company in brandon or at least he did. EVERYBODY ride safe today. I'll be at the house praying nobody gets hurt.
Happy Sunday

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
tampaboy813

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 08:22:44 AM »

theres a tree @ sand lake that has a news paper clipping that has a story about a boy who lost his lift there some time back...its nailed to a tree in plastic.
GaryinSeffner

Dont ride it like you're still paying for it!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 10:48:05 AM »

I know a guy from my old neighborhood who lost his best friend in an accident at Croom. His friend was riding a two wheeler and he and another rider crossed paths. He was blindsided and thrown from the bike, killing him instantly. It's a great place to ride but it does have it's dangers like everywhere else. We just have to be careful and keep our eyes open.

This was not the accident from yesterday. My buddies were up there yesterday riding from sun up to sun down so I'll see if they know anything.

stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005, 02:12:13 PM »

From what I recall, my buddies son was coming up to a blind jump and someone was coming the other way and the guys tire hit the kids helmet in the front on top. I'm not sure exactly the what the cause of death was. Maybe the same type injury and Earnhardt. I think its called a basular skull fracture. They thought he was ok because there wasn't a mark on him. I felt so bad for him. You want to reach out and try and help but what can you say to someone that just burried there kid.  I pray everyday that I never have to do that. Its not natural (even though it may be Gods will) to bury your kids. But you can't put them in a bubble and keep them from enjoying everything that the good lord has put here for them to enjoy. I guess all you can do is follow your instincts and do what you feel is right in your heart.  Sorry to sound so depressing but when it comes to kids it gets to me really deep as I am sure most folk.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
dreth

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 05:50:35 PM »

hey sport! i like your quads prayer Wink also its a risk everytime we ride due to the lack of organization and places to ride. one way trails would be smart. and if not the whole park atleast like 1  10 mile loop for those of us that prefer the saftey over the freedom of choice
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 07:37:59 PM »

Prayers in deed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com