Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rotor cuff surgery  (Read 1633 times)
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2005, 06:19:06 PM »

hey guys i will be going for shoulder surgery the 31st of may and i was just wondering how long will i be out for with out riding i a pretty good health so i hope that counts for somethin. thanks.   Angry   :-/  Sad
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 07:21:53 PM »

all i can tell you if its more than one weekend its too long. hope you have a fast recovery.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 08:28:33 PM »

[smiley=Approve.gif]

Hey best of luck to you, and make sure they are using a Conmed/Linvatec product for that surgery!

(especially if I made it!!)  You will have a speedy recovery along with theropy, my hubby had his done in March of '02' and within the month he was backto full usage again........ [smiley=box.gif]

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 09:38:18 PM »

Hey Randy that sux man. I had both of mine done. The right in 96 and the left done twice in 99-2000. I didn't listen to the doc and went back to work too fast and retore mine climbing a ladder. Its one of the most painful recoveries you'll ever go through. Not trying to scare you but make damn sure before you go home from the hospital they give you plenty of meds you will need them. My leg is painful and I've had more surgeries on it then I can count but I think the shoulder is right up there with being the most painful. How did you tear it? Is he going to do a decompression to open up the space on top of the shoulder so it doesn't happen again. Best of luck with it bro hope you get back quick. You can probly count on not riding "hard" for a good 2 months or more. You don't want to do anything that will pull or twist your arm up or make an upward pulling action like hanging on the bars or picking up anything heavy. I got "staytac's" like little screws holding mine.You gotta take the time to heal.Your "rotator cuff" is more like a tendon not muscle or bone and heals different. After you see how painful it is you won't want to go through it again so just chill and heal.
We are thinking about hittin onf Sunday. Are you going to the group ride? Get your summers worth in before your surgery.
I'll say a prayer or two for ya
Wink
« Last Edit: April 23, 2005, 04:52:56 AM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com