Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little overview on buying/selling quads  (Read 1113 times)
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2005, 05:36:58 PM »

Let me say this from what I've seen browsing around ads. 
If you got a 4X4, a couple years old, preferably Honda, mid-sized engine, you can get rid of that in a heart beat.  I've noticed the same with YFZ's.  If you're looking to trade down to a Z or something, and pick up some cash in the meantime, easily done. 
However, as soon as you replace that stock muffler or do anything remotly related to the engine, people will back off. 
I would suggest to only mod the suspension, and wheels and tires, and keep the bike spotless, it'll keep it's value well.

On the other end of the spectrum, you've got modded out, 6 year old blasters, which arguably loose the most value of anything I've seen.  I'm trying to sell my bike and it ain't happening, I don't have the title, I've modded the motor, the bike isn't spotless, etc.

So in the end, I wish I was trying to sell a Honda Rancher 4X4, or that I hadn't put $1 into the blaster.  Angry (It was alot more fun with it being twice as fast as stock though!) 
Oh and another thing, with each passing year, you could loose anywhere from 5% to 15% percent of the bikes value, depending on age.  So if you're planning on selling in the future, do it sooner rather than later.

Anyone else had similar, opposite experiance?  Or any input?

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
clancooler

dvx 400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 05:51:34 PM »

I had a 2000 blaster and had no trouble selling it, it had been used!, and sold it for 1600.00 within 3 weeks. I had nothing done to it and it was bone stock besides new rims and holeshots, and dg nerfs. I had people fighting over it, i just simply said first come first serve.
       I think people think that any engine work means it takes the dependability out of the bike, or afraid of it being shade tree work. i dont blame people cuase i know alot of people who get bikes that have work done to them, and are always is constantly breaking down.

2004 DVX 400
full White Bros Pro Alum. Exhaust
Oneal Bars
Honda Throttle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com