Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about a blast from the past? 56k its worth it  (Read 2207 times)
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2005, 06:43:56 PM »

The great LMK Ride on 6-12 of last year. Wow the way time has flew. This was one of the best times i think i have ever had in my life to this day. Nothing but great people doing what they love together. Still can't thank the Mike's enough to this day and all the people that contributed. Still yet to thank some in person that contributed which i hope to get a chance to do so. The ride was held at Ida_Manns cabin.
   Now for you newbies who are wondering why it was called the LMK Ride. This thread was lost not long ago and many wish it wasnt. The reason it was called the LMK Ride was because my name is LakeMaryKid changed for the mean time for giggles. ATVFL members got together and raised money to help me get the bike that i have today. A 2000 400ex that was in rough shape that was bought for 1000 dollars in Louisiana. I had 500 dollars and this site (ATVFLORIDA) raised 500 dollars for me by people chipping in. When this bike got here it was in some ROUGH shape. And trust me it was. You will see later on in pictures of the restoration process. This restoration project was taken on by one of the members on this site that goes by the name Nightbreed who today formally owns All Terrain Performance. This bike was a miracle bike. When we got it the thing would not start. It would only turn over. And it looked hideous, the pipe was gutted and rusty the frame was chipped and rusty and the engine and head pipe was CAKED in clay and mud. The bike was torn down and the engine was repaired by Mike (Nightbreed) and Bobby (TripleRCycleSki). I also got some powdercoating work done by Hash1250r. He was kind enough to donate some of his business to help me like others.  Now mind you the first time i met this guy who called him self "Nightbreed" I handed him an envelope of 500 dollars. My dad was leery at the time and well today far from it. The whole idea of this project was brought about by Mike #2 (Da_Mtg_Man) They got together and discussed it all and how they would get it down here. They decided on getting it shipped and it was transported by semi. Now this was one of the "Extreme Makeover ATV Edition" Now onto the pictures.

Well.....now onto the pictures of no not the ride yet but the bike and its restoration.

How my baby arrived.

Her getting a lift.....whos that guy? I dont want my babys life in his hands  Undecided

The first time i got to touch her intimately  Shocked

Teardown

What was later found  Shocked Lips Sealed

More teardown

Even more

The motor

Custom fab work, cut out the old swingarm bracket

New custom made swing arm bracket

Stripper!  Shocked  Grin

Mmmmm color!

Powdercoated Swing arm

Shes a roller!

Your final product

Now enough with the ugly carnage and lets get to the ride!

What a beautiful site!

My baby

Nightbreed unloading my bike and Ida Mann, Chad, Garrett in the background.

Uhh lunch time!

The almighty JEFFP Quad

Erbilibuc's quad and him walking away (WHERE ARE YOU NASTY THUG)

For when the sun goes down!

Me after a short night ride

Ahhhh now the fun!

Hangin out

For all that dont know the guy in grey is DA MTG MAN!

Liv2Ride's Beast

Erbilibuc trying out the mud

Left to right
Chad, Da_Mtg_Man's daughter and im sorry but i never got yalls names. Who ever is on the banshee's please speak up.

Trevor

Hangin in the woods

The parting shots!

A Good close up of the group that came out!

Thank you for all that came to that ride! I hope we can have a "reuniting" ride soon to come. Thank you to all that helped make this kid's dream come true. Wink  Kiss

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 07:17:59 PM »

Hehe you forgot about all  the times you made threads asking about doing something like this, and people gave you crap. But it came together. Cool
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 10:44:47 AM »

88 views and 1 reply?

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 02:09:21 PM »

That was a great weekend, We all had a blast. Wasn't that the weekend that my hub brokoe off when I was like 10 feet in the air.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 03:02:33 PM »

Yea that was a great ride. I think a lot of frienships were begun on that one!

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 04:56:53 PM »

That was a great weekend, We all had a blast. Wasn't that the weekend that my hub brokoe off when I was like 10 feet in the air. Grin

yep that would be the weekend it broke. Haha thats when everybody pulled out the stock tool kits of their bikes and we started fitting tools and finally used a hex wrench lol

lol steve i remember you using the front bumper on the 250 to make the jump haha. I think you got owned by that tree though Wink
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 05:12:13 PM by Id@_KID » Logged

2003 KFX 400
2004 14' Mirrocraft
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »

So glad you re-posted this awesome story Curtis Grin I didn't even have a quad myself back then or else I woulda shown up to smoke you on the trails Wink   lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 03:48:53 AM by eric » Logged
felix_z-4

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 11:28:17 PM »

That was deff. a good ride. Met a lot of good people that day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com