Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie to site and florida, would love info on riding areas and rules?  (Read 5590 times)
Yanki350x

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2014, 01:57:26 PM »

hey guys, im going to be moving down from illinois to sarasota, was wondering which places i can ride within driving distance from me not to far? also what is required? i have a polaris 425 magnum my girl would ride and a couple 350x 3 wheelers also a 250sx 3 wheeler but i only have title to 1 350x, i saw that stickers were required? and title? i can buy the state stickers no prob, but are the titles required to ride in most places? any feedback would be great!! would love to meet new people and ride, im big into the 3wheelers, i saw videos on youtube guys riding 3 wheelers at place called rancho? what town is that near?
Thunderdually

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »

This site should answer most of your questions on what is required to ride in Florida. http://www.flhsmv.gov/html/OHVGuide.pdf

"Want what you have and you'll always have what you want"

Mine..      2006 Polaris  Sportsman Camo 450 4X4
              26 inch ITP Mudlites
               Magellan 2000 GPS

Wife's ...  2006 Polaris Sportsman  Camo 450  4X4
Yanki350x

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

I saw that site , I get that I need to submit the info bill of sale to a tax collector , not a problem , just thought maybe somebody would give me the straight on this how hard is it to do etc ? Do they tax collectors , someone from state of Florida come out physically check ur atv inspect etc? , I'm a trike guy I have a 86 350x mint that I have a title to, but I have a 85 350x that I actually ride more that I don't , I have a 85 250sx that I ride a lot and my girl rides no title , I have a 98polaris 425 magnum that I've modded -no title , I have a title for a yAmaha 350 moto4 that has went to scrap heap , wondered if it were possible to submit that get the sticker and apply it to the polaris? There must be ways of doing things so that I may ride these toys in the state of Florida ? The sticker in illinois ? Is just now as of 2014 required on all atvs but it's not enforced and only really required at the 2 public riding areas in the state! Even then they ask u if u have it ? If you say yes they do not inspect if u say no they have u fill out app take ur $ and give u sticker no titles are even looked at ! Just thought their might be a easy way for me to be able to ride my trikes and Atv  get whatever sticker is required so I will not be hassled by law enforcement !
Yanki350x

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 04:11:18 PM »

The new law in Illinois requires u to present ur title to get sticker to prove ownership if game warden runs the sticker if u do not have one they can seize ur atv until you present title or u loose it to state or whichever particular officer wants it for himself ! This of course has not went over well at all w people because most do not have titles to their used atv and a lot of folks have built their bikes from crap to a fun toy lots of $$ with all that being said its not as of yet being enforced stickers are only required at the riding parks and they don't ask for the title only that u fill out the app vin # etc and they hand you sticker
SMP63
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »

When are making the move?  How soon you looking to ride after you get here?

Green 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
3500# winch
26" Mud Trax X/L on 14" STI's
Ricochet a-arm guards
Rev. over ride kit
3 HID light kit
3 light mod.

Uni air filters on both.

Red 2011 Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.
Ricochet a-arm guards
HID 3 light kit
3 light mod.
Winch,wheels & tires still to
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:24:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but, down in Florida we have an epidemic of mutants who steal these vehicles and make mutant vehicles out of the stolen vehicle parts. So, if you don't agree with the requirement for a title, too bad! The requirement has been in effect for several years and will eventually weed out the mutants who've made it difficult for the rest of us.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Yanki350x

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »

well i dont have any MUTANT vehicles and the bikes i have were pieces of crap broke down that i built in my garage, i happen to enjoy doing that!! especially the 3 wheelers, i buy my parts from buddies on the 3 wheeler sites or atv salvage yards or EBAY! didnt realize there was a market or chop shops for atv parts ? i lock my stuff up tight theft is everywhere, none of my stuff is stolen and ill find some places to ride and ways to get the damn stickers! i do have bills of sale and ill be down for good dec 1, already have a job, and i
buy and swap alot on craigslist so ive looked in florida and its like here over half the atvs if not more that are for sale do not have titles! so i know theres a way these people are riding the damn things ill soon find out how when i get down there but thanks for all the help!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com