Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: decked jon boat- new video  (Read 42823 times)
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 09:54:20 PM »

its probably a pretty cheap boat though, i noticed EVERYTHING is riveted, even the transom isn't welded on. but it looks like a 16 footer. you would need some good triangulated braces to the floor and gunwals for a 40hp but it could be done for fairly cheap.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:01:09 PM by kfx400rob » Logged

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 09:54:55 PM »

basically just like my v-hull lol except the rot

Is your transom setup the same way?  Its just a damn piece of aluminum riveted in every inch or so lol.  His is a one piece so I could see it being good with a 25HP Evinrude.

my boat isnt even close to designed for that kind of power, i have the worlds beefiest transom on that thing lol. like i said, at 35mph, the floor of the boat is like walking across a water bed. my boats a tin can compared to yours, yours shouldn't have any problem with a 25. also, most 25s aren't as beefy as mine, mines the high thrust model/commercial model, its supposed to be for like pontoon boats and crap like that, its not made for small boats like mine becasue it has more drag with that enormous lower unit with the through prop exhaust and all
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »

its probably a pretty cheap boat though, i noticed EVERYTHING is riveted, even the transom isn't welded on. but it looks like a 16 footer. you would need some good triangulated braces to the floor and gunwales for a 40hp but it could be done for fairly cheap.

And the fact that it is REALLY old.  I think we found this thing when I was around 8 or so, I'm now 17 lol.  And it was USED back then haha.  I think I might just take that whole aluminum piece off along with the rivets and get someone to weld a much thicker one in.  Then do the bracing in the back myself.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

yea mine is fully welded and has some bracing on the corners. no offense but that boat has the cheapest transom I'v ever seen lol, you would think it would be better on a boat that size... it would take a good amount of work to make it worthy of any real hp.

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

yea, thats a nice boat, but that transom is going to make the difference between turd and hotrod.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 10:08:37 PM »

yea mine is fully welded and has some bracing on the corners. no offense but that boat has the cheapest transom I'v ever seen lol, you would think it would be better on a boat that size... it would take a good amount of work to make it worthy of any real hp.

I also have an older Gheenoe and BassTender, but those definitely aren't rated for any HP above 7.  I could just sell the three for cheap and buy a better V-hull.  Don't need three crappy boats, just one decent one lol.

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »

you know, aluminum goes for like more than 2$ a pound, i bet if you went to a scrap metal place they'd give you 200$ or more for that boat you got...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 10:54:52 PM »

you know, aluminum goes for like more than 2$ a pound, i bet if you went to a scrap metal place they'd give you 200$ or more for that boat you got...

Ehh, I may do that.  I think I might just throw it in the back of my truck and take it to a friend of mine who owns a Marina.  See what he says before I do anything like that.  If he says it can be beefed up then I will let him do it, I'm sure he wouldnt mind the business.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
cr500pro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »

nice boat i love it and a very simple way to transport it too...how look is ur boat buddy?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com