Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to Legally Ride in Palm Beach County  (Read 108279 times)
yfz450psycho

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2005, 08:21:37 PM »

rbx123 that was some good ideas but it would just make us look bad all we need to do is keep sending letters and emails to jeb bush and other officials they will get tired of the problem (I HOPE) AND TRY TO WORK WITH US TO SOLVE OUR PROBLEM the state gave ocala and tampa a legal place now it is our turn this is our sport and we need to fight for our free right and be heard we dont need to be in a pissing match with feiiow members of the sport SO CANT WE ALL JUST STICK TOGETHER AND FIGHT THE STATE WITH THE PROPER WAYS OF BEING HEARD some of you think the law is on here to find our spots i think the official state and government probably are trying to find out if we are worth the time so stop bashing and start being positive maybe it will work out for all of us       PEACE
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2005, 09:53:57 PM »

So much drama.....Anyway, rbx123, we wouldn't waste the tax payers money like that. Given a situation like that, we would just wait until your food/water supply ran out and the daily attack of the sqeeters. We'll be at the Sonny's BBQ across from Target waiting for you. Come in, get some sweet tea(it's good there!) and we can talk about how you should be attending the County Commissioners meeting and addressing these issues there.
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2005, 09:56:49 PM »

This was the last fight I had!

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2005, 10:00:41 PM »

Stolen, Now thats the kind of fight to be in!!
rbx123

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: April 13, 2005, 06:31:53 AM »

Ok.......I'm ready to get serious!!!!!!!!!!

Hey PBSO and FWC.......Tell us all when and where we can can go to a county or state meeting to pursue this issue.

WILL THE TWO OF YOU ATTEND THIS SAME MEETING A SHOW SUPPORT FOR US IN FINDING A PLACE TO RIDE??

I believe that if you 2 did show up to present your views, and enlighten the politicians that if we were given a legal place to ride that your jobs could be dedicated to getting the bad guys as apposed to those of us just looking to have a little fun without causing trouble.

Your talk is great....But Actions are greater than words!!

Will you help us and Attend?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Grin

yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: April 13, 2005, 06:34:59 AM »

that is a good loking fish
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: April 13, 2005, 07:07:12 AM »

rbx123, The following link will take you to the PBC website of the Board of County Commissioners. The Board is well aware of our views, however, it's the public views, those of the riders, they need to hear. If I see it come up on the agenda, I'll make every effort to attend.

http://www.pbcgov.com/PubInf/Agenda/
dirty2

a little crazy!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: April 13, 2005, 07:53:23 AM »

Grin
rbx123

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: April 13, 2005, 11:20:43 AM »

Hey PBSO, I am unable to search the PBC web site and find anything. Since you seem sincere, how about YOU (since you are already a county employee, possible with some clout) ask the board to hear all of at a specific date and location, and prove to us that you are in aggreement with us needing a place to ride, BY AGGREEING TO ATTEND with your FWC buddy! Not saying I will try to attend, thats a cop out...LOL Grin

I have no idea if they do or even how to get something like this up for public discussion!!!!

Again words are great...But actions are better
xtreem

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2005, 01:02:57 PM »

After looking at the pics of the county commissioners on the PBC web site I think the only "4 wheeler" they have ever seen is a Porsche Cayenne. Probably have to give each of them one to get something on the agenda. If someone does manage to get the item on the agenda I will be there though. Anyone know what became of the St Lucie commision meetings on setting land aside for riders? I thought they were working on this late last year. Wasn't one of the commisioners up there a rider? Might have bettery luck than in Palm Beach.

250R's still rule!
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2005, 02:33:17 PM »

Wow, this post is like a juggernaut.  Is there any stopping it?  LOL.  
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2005, 02:37:01 PM »

let our voices be heard power to the people Lips Sealed
yfz450psycho

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: April 13, 2005, 02:43:59 PM »

by the way the 2 hurricains screwed up our chances on a riding place in st lucie
indianjoe
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: April 13, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »

The issue of the AtV Park in St. Lucie County was postponed due to the Hurricanes. We are going to start getting it more attention next week. Flyers are going to be handed out at the dealers to encourage St. Lucie Co. residents to contact the commissioners to move forward with this. the dealers are hopefully going to post ads in the newspaper encouraging the same. The commissioners are aware of the numbers it can draw from out of the county but we have to show them how many residents are in support and hopefully move forward where we left off.

PBSO is giving it to you straight. I began working on the St. Lucie Co. project over a year and a half ago. The Commissioners need to hear from residents of the county they represent them. PBSO being there and saying opening a place will cut down on illegal riding is already a known factor. The elected officials respond to the voters. Petitions, e-mails, phone calls. But remmeber when approaching the commission, they are going to want to know if you have a place in mind to allow this activity.

That is why we must also approach the state level which is addressed in other topics here. The OHV meeting in Dania, These folks are not against us, some of them are volunteers and active riders. The message needs to be carried to the elected state officials, senators and reps form all the districts state wide. Again e-mails, letters, phone calls this is being talked about on other threads but needs to be better organized. Yes it is a political game but it is the game you have to play.

Yes it is a shame what is happening. Another point how many people belong to organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition, Florida Trail Riders etc, that lobby for places to ride?Huh
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2005, 06:05:15 PM »

rbx123, Due to my official position, It's not advisable or wise for me to cross into the political arena. I can only point you into the right direction. Like indianjoe replied, the commission is very aware of law enforcements position. They now need to hear from all of you, the voters.
thedirtdiva

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2005, 06:38:31 PM »

In reference to not knowing how to speak to local governtment, has anyone just called the county comission to see when their next public meeting is and how to go about speaking at it?  I know for certain that the deputies are not allowed to get involved in any kind of politics.  
Cheatin5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2005, 07:15:06 PM »

Here in Alabama, much of the riding is on private land.  Motocross and offroad parks are common enough.  We also have several areas under the US Forestry Service that are kept up by local clubs.  That's the key.  Locally, there are organizations like the Cheaha Trail Riders that promote responsible operation of two wheel and four wheel equipment.  They are very active in maintaining Kentuck ORV area and opening Minooka Park ORV.  Someone in PBC has got own some land be willing to lease it.  A group with enough arse behind it should be able to get the ball rolling.  One thing I have noticed growing up a surfer in Florida, is that people would litter the side of the highway rather than pay $2.00 to surf Sebastian Inlet.  If it is that important, it is going to cost something other than words.  I think the deputy would agree.  By the way, we do have other things to do here but my brother from the Acreage tells me he would have sold his YZ if he didn't have the hope of riding up here.
BowliuknligR

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2013, 04:42:30 AM »

Hi guys I am saying that in this forum that i was not found  ATV problem when i was doing same. I can't understand your problem.

Locksmith Palm Beach FL
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2013, 06:49:16 AM »

Hi guys I am saying that in this forum that i was not found  ATV problem when i was doing same. I can't understand your problem.

Locksmith Palm Beach FL

Very old thread

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
zman03
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2013, 09:16:43 AM »

xswamper any news on the collier plan for an atv park?  they have 6 million dollars from a settlement with SFWM.  last I heard they were putting together some BS blue ribbon panel to discuss potential sites.  BULLSHOT if you ask me!!   just a stall tactic and they will eventually funnel the money back to the coffers. 

Youve gotta pin it to win it!
Romeoyfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:38 AM »

It's pretty sad that the only places to ride without anyone messing with you is north Florida if the state was smart they would put up recreation areas for offroad vehicles from Miami all the way to palm beach because of the law enforcement offices shutting down more and more spots this causes everyone to ride where ever we can coming from someone who lives in Miami the law enforcement down here are total asses about riding this is why we ride where ever we can.
property owner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »

Regarding Palm Beach County Florida ATV riders:

I have to agree with the Deputy.  All to often ATV riders trespass on private property, hunt, chase off wildlife, and crime begins.  Riders have started fires, camp out, party all night, leave trash, tear up dirt road access used by residents and often challenge area residents driving in and out of the community only to cause their own accidents.  ATV, big mud trucks, and dirt bikers who experience accidents on private property have sued the property owner for not making their illegal activity safe. Residents who bought large plots of land did so with the intention to enjoy piece and quiet, listen to nature after a busy day at work and don't want to listen to load obnoxious activity.

If the state bought you ATV trails you wouldn't use it anyway because you need insurance and have to pay for access.

After reading your posts you all sound like bunch of babies crying that Mommy won't give you a lolly pop.  If you want an area to ride pool your funds and buy property for just that purpose.  Stop whining.

Google legal ATV trails, I did, they are all over the state USE them. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com